Cheers, Sail & Sign, and Cruise Cash

tizbo1423

My hubby and I plan on signing up for Cheers on our cruise (in 2 days!). Is this charged to our S&S account to be paid off at the end of the cruise or paid on the spot?

If I "buy" Cruise Cash today, will we be able to apply that credit to the Cheers program?

Edited by tizbo1423
Typo :)

My hubby and I plan on signing up for Cheers on our cruise (in 2 days!). Is this charged to our S&S account to be paid off at the end of the cruise or paid on the spot?

If I "buy" Cruise Cash today, will we be able to apply that credit to the Cheers program?

Everything you buy on board the ship including cheers is charged to your S&S account. Your account must be settled at the end of your trip.

The cruise cash can be used for the cheers program as well. Just remember cruise cash is use it or lose it.

Be aware that when you buy cruise cash it looks weird if you get a printout in the first couple days because you have a negative balance, it will all start to make sense after you have charged up to the amount of cruise cash you have.

Hmm, follow up question for you. Will everything be charged onto the credit card I used to set up our account or could I use a Visa gift card at the end of the trip?

Carnival will pre authorize the card every $200 i believe so it will put a hold on your funds. You can pay for it all on one card at the end if i remember correctly. I believe you can do a cash account and it will let you go in the negitive and settle at the end as well with a card.

Carnival will pre authorize the card every $200 i believe so it will put a hold on your funds. You can pay for it all on one card at the end if i remember correctly. I believe you can do a cash account and it will let you go in the negitive and settle at the end as well with a card.

Cash Account will only let you go a little into the negative before they suspend your charging privledges until you bring it current

I bet you could put it on a credit card at the start and then go down the last night and pay some off with the gift card. We do that with cash. We like having cash for ports but if we have some left over at the end we go pay off what we can with any cash we still have. This way you could bring the gift card to ports and leave your credit card on the ship.

At the end of the cruise can you pay on more than one credit card?

Also, about how much would someone expect to pay with the Cheers and other costs on their sail & sign card on a 7 day cruise?

Thanks!

Well, that is really subjective to what else you plan to do. I think the current rate for the Cheers on a 7 day is right around $300 per person, so that is $600 for the two of you, up to 15 drinks per person per day, then it all depends on what else you want to buy/purchase.. Will you go to the steakhouse to eat? If so, that is $35 per person, will you purchase any pictures taken by the ship photographers? That can range from $20 to however much you choose to spend. Will you buy and bottled liqueur to take home, or buy and souvenirs, etc... Did you prepay your gratuities?

Not sure about being able to pay with two different credit cards, I have never tried that so I don't know...

Edited by reerun25

Well, that is really subjective to what else you plan to do. I think the current rate for the Cheers on a 7 day is right around $300 per person, so that is $600 for the two of you, up to 15 drinks per person per day, then it all depends on what else you want to buy/purchase.. Will you go to the steakhouse to eat? If so, that is $35 per person, will you purchase any pictures taken by the ship photographers? That can range from $20 to however much you choose to spend. Will you buy and bottled liqueur to take home, or buy and souvenirs, etc... Did you prepay your gratuities?

Not sure about being able to pay with two different credit cards, I have never tried that so I don't know...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm asking because the credit card I want to use has a $700 limit. Is there an option to pay the Cheers another way? Or could I put cash on my account and then use whatever else is used on the credit card?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm asking because the credit card I want to use has a $700 limit. Is there an option to pay the Cheers another way? Or could I put cash on my account and then use whatever else is used on the credit card?

Thanks again!

Oh yes, you can always put down cash or pay along at the GS desk. The other option, you can always purchase cruise cash in advance as well from The Fun Shops...

Have a great time!

At the end of the cruise can you pay on more than one credit card?

Also, about how much would someone expect to pay with the Cheers and other costs on their sail & sign card on a 7 day cruise?

Thanks!

Thanks again!

Cheers is 49.95 per day plus 15%. Gratuities are 12.00 per day for cabin steward, MDR, etc, so that means you're just under 70.00 per day per person between Cheers and your general tips. 490 per person over 7 days for 1 or 980 for 2. Once you hit your 700 limit on your first credit card, you will have to have another credit card as back up or cash. You never said if the 700 was going to cover 1 or 2 people. If it's only yourself, you would have a 210 cushion to use towards pictures, ship excursions, etc. If it was for two people, you had better have that second cc or cash ready. Good luck.

On our last 7 day cruise we purchased the cheers program and it was over $800 for the both of us, including the gratuities!!! We are thinking of purchasing the cruise cash to off set that cost on our next cruise!!