Aromatherapy Diffuser in Aqua Class?

shell15

We are on the Feb 28th Summit sailing and it will be our 1st time in Aqua Class. I use an aromatherapy diffuser at home all the time and noticed that this was listed as an amenity for aqua class. Can anyone confirm this? I'm wondering if it's in the rooms automatically or if it's one of those things that you only get if you ask for it.

Also, to anyone that has used it, did you bring an oil of your own or did they provide some?

Thanks in advance! :D

We are on the Feb 28th Summit sailing and it will be our 1st time in Aqua Class. I use an aromatherapy diffuser at home all the time and noticed that this was listed as an amenity for aqua class. Can anyone confirm this? I'm wondering if it's in the rooms automatically or if it's one of those things that you only get if you ask for it.

Also, to anyone that has used it, did you bring an oil of your own or did they provide some?

Thanks in advance! :D

It's one of those sticks in a jar of scented oil things like this:

http://f.fwallpapers.com/images/aroma-sticks.jpg

And is in the cabin already.

Last time we were in AQ it was there and they supplied the oils.

Duane

It's one of those sticks in a jar of scented oil things like this:

http://f.fwallpapers.com/images/aroma-sticks.jpg

And is in the cabin already.

Thank you for the quick responses!! I know this seems silly that I would even care, but do you get to pick the scent or is it already set up when you get there?

Is there any possibility of switching out the fragrance for another one or is it one oil fits all?

I think it is one size fits all. I never noticed any smell from it at all during our 10-day, December Equinox cruise. IMO, it just takes up room.

I have sailed in Aqua 5 - 6 times and only once was it so strong that I had to ask our cabin steward to remove it. (Must have been freshly filled) It was obnoxious it was so strong. Like some of the women's perfume on board (but that is another issue :rolleyes:). Anyway, usually the scent is very pleasant.

Just off silhouette Aqua Sunday

There was no diffuser in cabin

I asked & was told there are things that they don't have anymore but our attendant found one for us after a day

No choice of scent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kind of a related question:

I have a travel electric diffuser that I use in hotels to "help" fight illnesses. Think there's any problem using it in our cabin?

http://www.amazon.com/Air-O-Swiss-7146-Travel-Ultrasonic-Humidifier/dp/B001JL4LZ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421783807&sr=8-3&keywords=air+swiss

Thanks!!!

Probably not, but depending on how the AC plug is configured, it may, or may not, fit the AC outlet in your cabin. For example, we took with us a very plain/standard LED plug-in nightlight with us. However, no way would it fit in the AC outlet. To be safe, take a short extension cord with you unless your device just uses a standard AC plug with a cord.

Edited by sptrout

Kind of a related question:

I have a travel electric diffuser that I use in hotels to "help" fight illnesses. Think there's any problem using it in our cabin?

http://www.amazon.com/Air-O-Swiss-7146-Travel-Ultrasonic-Humidifier/dp/B001JL4LZ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421783807&sr=8-3&keywords=air+swiss

Thanks!!!

Does it have a heating element? If so, I think it would be prohibited based on other similar items being on the "naughty" list.

I have sailed in Aqua 5 - 6 times and only once was it so strong that I had to ask our cabin steward to remove it. (Must have been freshly filled) It was obnoxious it was so strong. Like some of the women's perfume on board (but that is another issue :rolleyes:). Anyway, usually the scent is very pleasant.

We did the same thing on Connie -- it was obnoxious. Surprisingly our stateroom attendant nodded as if she totally agreed and did not offer to change it or anything.

Edited by tomko2

The first thing I did was put the diffuser out into the hall, as I felt sick as soon as stepping into the room :eek:

Then open the balcony door and the hall to air out the room

There a reason why most office are scent free, because that stuff makes people sick :mad:

I find it as offensive as most perfumes.

Welcome crewmate. We are also doing the Summit on Feb 28. Maybe the Summit is different but we did Aqua class last year on the Silhouette. The aromatherapy was subtle and refreshing. The Persian Garden option was AMAZING. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome crewmate. We are also doing the Summit on Feb 28. Maybe the Summit is different but we did Aqua class last year on the Silhouette. The aromatherapy was subtle and refreshing. The Persian Garden option was AMAZING. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you!! SO excited...only 35 days to go! (Not that I'm counting ;) ). I do LOVE the Persian Garden on the Summit, but I wanted to give you heads up that it is VERY different from that of the S class ships. We are a couple that personally really enjoys it but I have seen it referenced on the boards as 'the dungeon' LOL. I have only seen the garden in the S class in pictures but I can tell you it is very very different. I am glad to hear about the aromatherapy! SO looking forward to this trip!