Specialty Dining, Kids and larger party size

brew99

We are getting closer to our March sailing on Indy and wondering about specialty dining and kids. We have two families that include 4 adults and 5 kids. The kids range in age from 6 to 13.

I believe that I saw somewhere that the largest party size for specialty dining is 6 people. If we did two reservations, one for 5 and one for 4 would they generally try to seat you together? Also wondering if they would permit all 5 kids to sit by themselves and the 4 adults sit at the other table?

We already have some adult only specialty reservations but wonder if it's doable to bring the kids along somehow.

Thx!!!

Edited by brew99
Not complete

My parents did a reservation for 11 in Chops on our cruise in December. That was just the adults. The 7 kids weren't invited, and none of them (7 and younger) would have appreciated the food anyway. :D

So it sounds like they can accommodate larger parties which is good. I believe that the specialty restaurants all have kids menus otherwise my kids would starve (or eat just bread). :)

So it sounds like they can accommodate larger parties which is good. I believe that the specialty restaurants all have kids menus otherwise my kids would starve (or eat just bread). :)

My dad made the reservations ahead of time. I think he called it in, as there were 6 cabins on the dinner reservation. You'll probably need reservation numbers.

One of my kids orders chicken noodle soup and plain spaghetti every night on the cruise. She puts the spaghetti in the soup. Until she changes her tastes, she's never going to a specialty restaurant.

I do not know if the specialty restaurants have kids menus - anyone?

I imagine having 5 kids at 1 table n a specialty restaurant without any adult supervision could be an interesting situation for the waiter (I don't know your kids so IDK)

Hmmm - finding this:

Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $8, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

Edited by LovesCruising

I do not know if the specialty restaurants have kids menus - anyone?

I imagine having 5 kids at 1 table n a specialty restaurant without any adult supervision could be an interesting situation for the waiter (I don't know your kids so IDK)

Yes, there are kid's menus for the specialty restaurants. Unfortunately, I don't have any examples to link. If the kids order of the kid's menu, they are only charged $8. If they order off the adult menu, they are charged full adult price.

I just booked Giovanni's on Serenade for 12 people. I had to do it on the phone since their largest tables only seat 10. We had to get 2 tables for the same time & they said the tables are near each other. I would think you would be able to get a single table since there are 9 of you. I will be going to Giovanni's when we get on board to confirm everything is all good.

Please reconsider putting the kids at a separate table. Have seen it in the MDR and land restaurants. Adults want to have adult conversations, kids want (and deserve) attention. Surrounding tables are miserable.