Lawn Grill

swerdjr

Our favourite speciality too. Much more relaxed vibe than any other speciality but the quality of the food is just as good if not ( in the case of steaks) better.

You can have a go yourself if you feel the urge under the expert tuition of a great team of fun staff. Just try to avoid sticking the flat bread dough to the rafters when you toss it.

On Silhouette in October last year the team were one of the best on the ship so much so that we returned on three occasions

image.jpg.9afe7c499bdfd1d8c7bde1fb6ca98502.jpg

Edited by scifimonkey

I wasn't the asker for the Lawn Grill, but I'm pretty sure it was arranged ahead of time due to the birthday, prior to boarding. One of our cruisemates called ahead.

But I have been the asker multiple times for Qsine, when they set up the tables near the buffet entrance to encourage people to sign up. Gotten 50% discount three times at least, and for large groups. Oh, one time we were at the Martini Bar and the waiters came around and asked if anyone wanted to dine that night at a discount. I said, well not tonight, but we can do 8 people on Thursday for a 50% discount, and they came back and said okay!

I wasn't the asker for the Lawn Grill, but I'm pretty sure it was arranged ahead of time due to the birthday, prior to boarding. One of our cruisemates called ahead.

But I have been the asker multiple times for Qsine, when they set up the tables near the buffet entrance to encourage people to sign up. Gotten 50% discount three times at least, and for large groups. Oh, one time we were at the Martini Bar and the waiters came around and asked if anyone wanted to dine that night at a discount. I said, well not tonight, but we can do 8 people on Thursday for a 50% discount, and they came back and said okay!

Thanks, will try it on the Silhouette in March;)

Is the menu kid friendly? we have a 9 and 12 year old. Thanks.

They'll love the flatbread pizzas. If they eat typical grilled food - steak, shrimp, lamb, sausage, et cetera, they'll be fine. They'll definitely like the relaxed vibe of the restaurant. The sides are also tasty. Save room for the decadent chocolate chip cookie with ice cream dessert!

Can you sample a few different proteins (IE some steak or chicken, and some seafood) or is it a choose one for your price paid set-up?

The price includes any combination you'd care to create. My wife usually prefers the kabobs and lamb, while I get a different combination each time we've visited.

Was just wondering what the cost is for kids, two little girls barely eat a dollar of food each... To pay $40 for each would be a huge waste.

I have never seen a Children's Menu.......I don't believe there is one.

You could order several dishes and just have them share some of it.

We ate their on Reflection in December. They were actually standing in front of the MDR offering a 30% discount for anyone willing to eat there. It was totally empty when we got there. I am sorry to say it really wasn't our favorite experience. We liked our waiter but it seriously took 20 minutes for anyone to even come and give us a menu which was really odd given its emptiness. We didn't cook our own food but the person cooking our flat bread burnt it so without bothering to tell us why our flatbread took 30 minutes to arrive they went ahead and cooked another one. They eventually told us what happened to our original flat bread but seemed weird they didn't come by and tell us what had happened to explain the crazy wait we had. There's a salad bar there but again very oddly they never even mentioned it to us. Really strange. Finally on the steak side..we actually noticed this in Murano for the first time ever too so I don't think its something just at the Lawn Grill..but...you could totally taste the gas they use to power the open flame in our meats. Again never noticed this on any previous cruise but it was totally off putting. Given the meat comes out as is (no sauce) perhaps it was just much more noticeable. Sorry to be a downer and I'm hopeful we just had a really weird experience but I can honestly say we won't ever try Lawn Grill again. :( I wish we'd liked it more.

How did you get a 50% off? :eek:

I can't speak for Lawn Grill but just returned from a SA cruise on the Infinity. The specialty restaurant reservation tables were usually near elevators on the pool deck. They were more than willing to bargain with you and with a fun loving attitude. The restaurants on our ship were Qsine & United States for $45/pp. We were a group of 15 and ate at the Qsine for $25/pp once & $22/pp a second time and at the United States once for $30/pp. All we did was ask what their special deal was and went from there. I would think the same procedures are used on most of the ships.

Thx! Is this place more suitable for lunch or dinner?

The menu is the same for both.They serve dinner nightly and are only open for lunch once during the cruise. You have to watch the platter for the lunch one which is usually on one of the port days. The price is also cheaper for lunch.

Edited by Happy2cruise

We ate their on Reflection in December. ... I am sorry to say it really wasn't our favorite experience.

I have to agree. It was by far our least favorite meal. The service was not good. There was no one cooking his or her own food and we were not even offered the option. I thought maybe they had stopped this practice. I asked about the rubs, sauces and preparation and was brushed off with something about we get to that later. The steak came out with 2 sauces, but no rub on it and really no flavor. Why put rubs on the menu if people can not order them. The flatbread was pretty good and the warm chocolate chip cookie was really good.

I have to agree. It was by far our least favorite meal. The service was not good. There was no one cooking his or her own food and we were not even offered the option. I thought maybe they had stopped this practice. I asked about the rubs, sauces and preparation and was brushed off with something about we get to that later. The steak came out with 2 sauces, but no rub on it and really no flavor. Why put rubs on the menu if people can not order them. The flatbread was pretty good and the warm chocolate chip cookie was really good.

That's too bad that you didn't enjoy it. I don't remember if DH asked or not, but he had a blast and learned a lot cooking his steak and my lamb. There were other people grilling that night as well. A lot of his years of grilling "protocols" went out the window and since we have been home we both notice the difference the chef's hints made to our steaks etc. We will definitely go back again but I will not do the pizza as I had no room left for the good stuff.

We watched three children (siblings) making their flatbread and it was so funny. The staff treated them fantastic and had stools for them to stand on. The two boys got right into it, kneading the dough with vengeance and working it into a circle but the little girl, maybe 5-6, was a princess lol. Took her a while to get the idea that it was ok to handle the dough with her bare hands. She kept checking with her parents to see if it was ok. She did a lot of poking with her index finger - she brought the house down. Tons of fun, everyone was chatting with each other in the Grill and having a great time. The food was fantastic as the meat was of high quality. We can't wait to be back on our fav ship the Silhouette in Oct/17