Eurodam SA7057 Handicap Cabin

Signet

We were just assigned the handicapped suite SA7057 on the Eurodam. The good news is we were upgraded to the SA cabin. The question I have is, when you are out on the balcony is there an issue with the glass elevator that appears to be right next to the balcony. How much privacy does one actually have while out on the balcony. Are people in the glass elevator able to see onto the balcony? If anyone has stayed in this cabin could you please comment on what you thought of the cabin and its layout. Thanks

People have to be actually standing right up by the glass to see onto the verandahs.

And then they hardly get a chance to see anything as the elevators go by quickly.

The only time someone can see onto those verandahs is when the elevator actually stops right at your deck. And then -- yes -- they can see onto your verandah. But again -- it is just for a minute or so -- depends on how long it takes people to get on and off.

My husband is handicapped and in a wheelchair, so we have stayed in many HC cabins on HAL ships.

We stayed in SA 7057 on Nieuw Amsterdam, and I imagine it is the same.

There are pictures of the cabin on http://www.HALfacts.com.

I took photos of the balcony so one could see the glass elevators. I did not find them intrusive at all. Yes, people can see into the balcony for a few seconds, but that didn't bother me.

The cabin is lovely, although be aware that you will not have a double sink in the bathroom, nor a jetted tub. You will have a tub, though.

There is a roll-in shower with a pull down seat. When you pull the shower curtains closed, the toilet is within the shower, so remove the extra roll of TP so it won't get wet!

You can also choose to shower in the tub.