Gift exchange, cabin crawl, etc..

Soozgone

Hello, I have seen many references to these things being arranged on Roll Calls and I wondered what happens when some people on a roll call don't want to be involved in activities like cabin crawls and gift exchanges.

Would it be OK to be part of the roll call and meet up with people on board but not get involved in these things? It's not our kind of thing, but we wouldn't want to offend anyone, or feel awkward about saying no.

I am sure that would not be a problem, I would just state that I was not interested. I would never want to do a gift exchange and normally cabin crawls do not interest me, we did one last year just so I could see the virtual balcony on the Navigator, I will not do it on next cruise. Cabin crawl is nice if you are interested in the different cabins, our GS was the hit of last years

It is your holiday - you do as much or as little as you want. You are not obligated to be involved just because you are on the roll call!

I have been on cruises that a lot of people from the roll call signed up for activities and then didn't show up, which caused a lot of issues for the organisers. I think it is far better if you don't want to be involved just to say that, nobody will be offended.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Rule #1: It is your vacation! Do what you want to do, when you want to do it. Do what makes you happy. Do what you will enjoy. Don't worry about what other people do.

Anyone who tells you otherwise - send them my way for attitude readjustment. :)

I've never seen folks in a roll call get negative about ppl not being interested in some of these extras, and woe to them if I did. Everyone is pretty laid back and just excited to talk ship with people they're sailing with. You are also not obligated to sign up for the meet and mingle.

Judy

The roll calls I have been involved with have did many things. Some do slot pulls. Those I am not interested in so I don't do. The gift exchange I do as the DW and I like to but others in the Meet and Mingle have opted out. those who opted out of it wasn't treated any different than the ones who did. And normally it is held last so those who didn't choose to do it can leave or stick around and watch.

Either way have fun.

All those activities are optional, you can attend the M&M without doing the Gift Exchange or any activity. We have done enough room crawls, we pass on them now, but enjoy the Golf Tournaments, Slot Pulls, pub crawls. I attend the latter more for socialization since I rarely drink. We enjoy just meeting everyone.