Breeze routine tests?

jp12687

Hey,

just got an email from carnival about routine tests sunday delaying the breeze embarkation. any ideas what kind of routine tests?

Coast Guard tests. Sometimes those emails are sent just to get people to show up later. But sometimes those emails are true and boarding is delayed.

These routine tests seem to be done on every Carnival sailing. The test is to see how many guests actually believe this email and show up later when they could have gotten on board before noon. On extremely rare occasions, these emails are not lies. Even in those cases, it's much better to show up to the port earlier rather than later. No reason to sit around at McDonalds & be the 3000th person in line when you get to the port, when you could instead sit around the port as the 100th person in line.

These emails have backfired on Carnival on many sailings. So many people wait until after 1:30 to show up because of the email, and the lines are insane at that time, and the workers are being rushed to get everyone on board in time. But those that ignored the email and showed up at 11:00am had small lines & were on board before noon.

These routine tests seem to be done on every Carnival sailing. The test is to see how many guests actually believe this email and show up later when they could have gotten on board before noon. On extremely rare occasions, these emails are not lies. Even in those cases, it's much better to show up to the port earlier rather than later. No reason to sit around at McDonalds & be the 3000th person in line when you get to the port, when you could instead sit around the port as the 100th person in line.

These emails have backfired on Carnival on many sailings. So many people wait until after 1:30 to show up because of the email, and the lines are insane at that time, and the workers are being rushed to get everyone on board in time. But those that ignored the email and showed up at 11:00am had small lines & were on board before noon.

Otherwise known as the boy who cried wolf

One of the Carnival staff on the Carnival site mentioned that after all of the passengers leave the ship. Sometimes customs makes inspections or the coast guard makes test and does inspections.

We have experienced this once in Port Canaveral and once in Ft. Lauderdale. Each time it took about an hour to complete. Then we went through normal boarding procedures. The ship left at its scheduled time.

I'm sailing this Sunday on the Breeze and I didn't get the email, but would be ignoring it if I had. I always arrive at the pier around 10am. I prefer to be checked in and waiting in the terminal rather than hanging out at the hotel.

On the 12/28 sailing, we started VIP at 11:55. It does happen.

My husband got the same e-mail about this Sunday on the Breeze, but I did not--and I was the primary guest. We scheduled a shuttle from the hotel, so we'll be getting there around 10am, we'll see what happens, but I guess we'll take my chances.

I'm usually the person onboard who is still there at 10am waiting to disembark and enjoying the final time with my family. I'd rather arrive later and leave later.