"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Radio, I recall someone mentioning that Quantum pulled away from pier and turned left toward Manhattan, then turned around and headed to sea. I just thought it was a minor deviation due to traffic perhaps. But now looking at your video and following up on marine traffic tracking it was not a slight deviation. Quantum want up channel all the way to the Freedom Tower, turned around and then sailed out to sea. This is not the normal pattern for ships sailing from Cape Liberty. Can you tell me why??? Wanted to give pax view of Manhattan??? Was doing a parade function for some dignitaries??? Wanted to check out a mechanical operation before heading to sea??? I can think of no other reasoning. I figure if anyone would know or be able to find out would be you!

attachment.php?attachmentid=338077&stc=1&d=1422269456

Thanks George. . .I was told our trip to the statue was due to us missing the first port, so we had plenty of time to delay for an hour.

The passengers loved seeing the Statue of Liberty. I liked it too. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

I'm a few days late chiming in, but have been following along. As always - wanted to thank you for taking us along and letting us live vicariously through you. You're so appreciated! You're missing all the "fun" weather back in MD today...but at least the snow will be pretty. Enjoy your day and look forward to the rest of the cruise :)

Ginger

Radio,

As I sit here watching the snow fall, waiting for the blizzard to hit the tri-state area, I am thoroughly enjoying your blue skies and blue seas. I will be on her 3/13 and can't wait to experience the changes.

Thanks for taking the time out of your cruise so that we can all enjoy it!

Kathi

Radio

You left out some details on Dinner.

1. Did you have Reservations?

2. What time did you walk up?

3 Were you seating a a large table with others or by yourself?

The point I'm testing is I have spoken to people who Do not want to be forced to make Reservations. They like and want to stay with DT. They want to sit with new people at a large table. The fun of meeting people on a cruise. Plus the like a set time with no waiting.

The new Menu Items in each Restaurant is great, but not at the risk of loosing the 3 points I pointed out. There has to be a way of doing both with out the establish base to be upset.

Radio

You left out some details on Dinner.

1. Did you have Reservations?

2. What time did you walk up?

3 Were you seating a a large table with others or by yourself?

The point I'm testing is I have spoken to people who Do not want to be forced to make Reservations. They like and want to stay with DT. They want to sit with new people at a large table. The fun of meeting people on a cruise. Plus the like a set time with no waiting.

The new Menu Items in each Restaurant is great, but not at the risk of loosing the 3 points I pointed out. There has to be a way of doing both with out the establish base to be upset.

1.) I had reservations at 6:30

2.) I arrived at the entrance at 6:25

3.) I was seated at a 4 top for a party of 3.

I wen to the rest room at 7:30 and there was no line at Grande or Chic.

Radio

;);)

Thanks George. . .I was told our trip to the statue was due to us missing the first port, so we had plenty of time to delay for an hour.

The passengers loved seeing the Statue of Liberty. I liked it too. . .

Radio

;);)

That was a nice gesture and I am glad that port traffic allowed. I thought that was the case as you posted about the itinerary change at about the that same time.

I think for Quantum trivia that this is only the 3rd time the ship made this deviation.

On that note, I had posted a thread when Quantum sailed out on Sunday, November 16th on the 2nd such journey up the Hudson.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2128012

In that thread some asked about the Quantum 'webcams'. Quantum was supposed to have 4 webcams go live, that never have.

As only Allure and Oasis in the RCI fleet have onboard webcams and with the fact that you are so good at getting interesting information while onboard, if you were to get a chance to find out about these webcams that would be interesting.

I fully understand if you do not have time for this and am really enjoying your live report.

Now try having dinner at a free restaurant at 8PM with out reservations and ask for a large table and see what happens.

I thought this thread was somebody having the decency to post a live and very informative update on the cruise and not another opportunity to moan about dynamic dining!

There are plenty of threads those that just want to complain about DD, I think you have all made your point!

For those that are coming on Radio's live to complain about dynamic dining, as others have stated there are other threads to voice your displeasure. Please don't hijack his thread to issue your complaints... This is clearly stated on the Cruise Critic forum rules to not do this.

Sent from my LG G Pad using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271

For those that are coming on Radio's live to complain about dynamic dining, as others have stated there are other threads to voice your displeasure. Please don't hijack his thread to issue your complaints... This is clearly stated on the Cruise Critic forum rules to not do this.

Thanks Chris for your post. We don't want a very nice thread to be ruined by a few complainers.

Thanks Radio for your live review. I always enjoy them.

I was going to say the same thing.

Thanks so much!!!

Hello everyone, Good Morning and Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Quantum of the Seas.

The sun was up early this morning, and the weather feels good. It is in the low 70’s and it should warm up to around 80f this afternoon. There was a line for North Star for about an hour, but a test was made with no passengers and all NorthStar rides will be cancelled until the wind conditions improve.

Starwater will be performed today, and I want to see “Dare to Challenge” and Love and Marriage Game Shows . . . Spa Employees are often down by the Shops on board with a table set up offering specials. When I walked by the table last night, one of the Spa reps asked if I would like to try a Marvelous Makeover Package. . . Really ? I think I will wait for the “Eat More to Weigh Less” Seminar. . .

The Cruise Director, Ken Rush has suggested that all passengers attend the World’s Sexiest Man competition. Hmmm . . . I may be watching the news.

Here are a few pics from yesterday and this morning. . .

Radio

The Royal Theater was attracting passengers about 45 min before a 3D Movie yesterday

D1.JPG

It was madness yesterday for a BIG Watch sale in the Royal Esplanade

D2.JPG

I took this image under sunny skies while on the Cabin Crawl

D3.JPG

Early this morning, the sun was already very bright while inside the Indoor Pool Area

D4.JPG

All of the Pools are open today, and I am sure it may be tough to find a chair later on. . .

D5.JPG

Here is our current position . . . About 400nm from St. Thomas, USVI

MAP5.jpg

Edited by Radio

This is a great way to get a LIVE Test if RCCL has found a solution to the likes of many past cruisers. I'm NOT saying DD is bad. Just that it needs some adjustments.

Why not let Radio's posts speak for themselves without assigning him tasks just to confirm your personal opinions.

Still following Radio, and re-living :D

I would love to hear your opinion on how you feel about this ship in comparison to all the other classes, and especially in respect to the outward views and glass all over the Solarium, Seaplex and Two70, Windjammer and the aft viewing decks (Windjammer seating area). It was described to us by Activity Manager Zach that the inspiration of this class is a morph of Radiance Class combined with Celebrity Solstice Class (of course with a few more add-ons like Northstar & IFly). This sentiment was discussed on this forum as well prior to Q's 1st sailing. I personally agreed once I experienced it. What do you think?

Make sure you don't delay getting up to Northstar... it's brilliant! If you wait til the last couple of days and it's closed due to winds/inclement weather you'll regret it :)

Hi Radio,

Enjoying your great review thanks for taking your vacation time to do this. The pictures of the blue

sky and water offer a little relief from the 24 inches of snow about to be dumped on NH.....just a little.

Question: You mentioned Starwater. I saw on a previous cruise's compass many listings for this show as

opposed to just a few performances of other shows. Does that me Starwater has a few different variety of shows

or just one show with many performances ? Do we only need to book once ?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone,

I am new to Cruise Critic, but have been on reading everything and anything I can about the Quantum. We are going on March 1st and are soooo excited!

Thank you Radio for all the great pictures and info! I look forward to reading every word :)