Honeymoon...with kids

pls5286

Hi Everyone! I'm getting married!!! Anyway, now that I have made that announcement, we are looking at October of this year. We are going to do a nice, simple, beach wedding not too far from home before we cruise so a few family members can be there. Due to my oldest starting college and a few other issues beyond my control, including my DDs dad refusing to watch her, it looks like my youngest, who will be 12 is coming on our honeymoon with us. Yes, I know, not the most romantic, but we will adapt.

We are seriously considering getting one of her friends to come along with us so DD will have someone to hang out and have fun with and give us a little bit of "us" time. We will most likely just get 2 rooms, one for us, and one for the girls. I really want to do a Western Caribbean and will have to leave out of FL, although anywhere in FL is fair game for us.

What ship/itinerary would be best with 2 newlyweds, 2 giggly girls who will be 12/13. Fun things to do on the ships, best way to book it etc. There are a few issues we have to consider. I do have some health issues, so lots of extended walking is not good (I am in a walking boot now for my foot as it is). DDs friend has a seizure disorder, but that is not a big deal for me, I know how to deal with it. I was a paramedic for many years and DF was a firefighter, so we can deal with that. Also need a fridge for insulin and will be bringing a CPAP.

you will not be able to book the friend into their own cabin.

you can book you and the friend in one cabin

and daughter and honey in the other cabin.

Once onboard you just switch around the rooms and sleep where ever

visit guest services to get additional card keys

Have the friends parents sign a form allowing you to take the kid out of the country- get a medical release form

Will the parents--allow the kid to miss that time from school?

Consider renting a scooter for your cruise-- ships are huge and you will be doing a ton of walking just from the cabin to the food or the cabin to entertainment--

Edited by serene56

you will not be able to book the friend into their own cabin.

you can book you and the friend in one cabin

and daughter and honey in the other cabin.

Once onboard you just switch around the rooms and sleep where ever

visit guest services to get additional card keys

Have the friends parents sign a form allowing you to take the kid out of the country- get a medical release form

Will the parents--allow the kid to miss that time from school?

Consider renting a scooter for your cruise-- ships are huge and you will be doing a ton of walking just from the cabin to the food or the cabin to entertainment--

I had not thought about the scooter. It is something we will look into most definitely.

School is not going to be an issue because we are going to plan the trip during fall break for the girls. They are actually cousins, so it helps as well.

I will have to book 1 adult in each cabin? But that doesn't mean we have to stay that way, right? The last kid cruise I took was on RCCL and we had DS in charge of the kids cabin at 15 and was able to book it that way.

I will have to book 1 adult in each cabin? But that doesn't mean we have to stay that way, right? The last kid cruise I took was on RCCL and we had DS in charge of the kids cabin at 15 and was able to book it that way.

kids can be booked into their own room ONLY if the parents of the minor is onboard. If no parent someone must be age 25 or over in the same cabin.

You were able to do tht on RCL because they were your kids

kids can be booked into their own room ONLY if the parents of the minor is onboard. If no parent someone must be age 25 or over in the same cabin.

You were able to do tht on RCL because they were your kids

Post 2 has the booking info.

If you rent a scooter they cannot be left in the hallway, need to be in your cabin. HC cabins have wider doorways.

How about using a knee walker?

Get travel insurance immediately after you book since friend has medical issues. Make sure friend has a passport.

Remember your ID has to match your booking name.

If you rent a scooter they cannot be left in the hallway, need to be in your cabin. HC cabins have wider doorways.

How about using a knee walker?

if a HC cabin is not available you can leave the scooter at guest services and they will charge it for you (mymom had to do that one cruise