What is the best entertainment you have seen on any cruise?

pcsunlover

Best entertainer over all - Arny G the piano vocalist in Crooners (we have been on 24 cruises with him, and still coming back for more)

Other wonderful entertainers:

Troy Threadgill, comedian

Steve Moris, musician and comedian

David Cats, illusionist

I'm so happy that Bert Stratton was mentioned as a favorite. I was all prepared to give his upcoming dates on the Caribbean Princess cruises, too. :) I was told that he's put in Crooners for the shorter cruises and into the Explorer Lounge for the longer ones. He was in the Explorer Lounge for one evening during our Sept. 2014 nine day cruise but in Crooners the rest of the time. I would say that he might appreciate a larger venue because there aren't so many distractions like people walking by the window (wave hands)-although, he's worked it into his act, and folks walking by and talking, especially while singing a more serious song. Yes, twofer!! And, so good, so good, so good!

We also enjoyed Barrington "Barty" Brown, a different type entertainer, more into Broadway and the history of some of those composers. We first met him in 1998 on the Sun Princess and caught up with him again on the Emerald Princess in 2010. I have no idea where he is now. Does anybody know his location?

Lynne

PS. We just made a short run down to Ft. Lauderdale and the Caribbean Princess was in port. She was facing the bridge so that Crooners was on the "right" side to be seen. :)

David Klickenberg was just on the Pacific Princess. He was wonderful. We've also heard a concert pianist on Celebrity many years ago who I thought was excellent. Actually, we've heard several good pianists over the years. But the best overall entertainment we've seen was on Allure OTS. It was in a different league than Princess offers. On Princess, I think the BeatleManiacs are our favorites. But, sadly, entertainment is not a Princess strong suit.

The memorable performances some of you have experienced sound wonderful. I wish I had been lucky enough to experience some of them. Princess would be the perfect cruiseline for us if they would just step up their game a bit in the entertainment area to keep up with the other cruiselines. I think some exciting buzzed about entertainment would go a long way attracting new cruisers, and retaining some of the old ones.

Seymour and Alfred - they are fantastic.

My favorites are, On the Bayou (coral princess), Duncan Tuck, Alfred and Seymore, and we saw a group called Paperback Writers on a Holland ship. My top four.

My daughter went to see Seymour and Alfred on the Golden Princess (she was 13 and doing her own thing with her new friends on that cruise) and she really enjoyed them. A few nights later, they were dining a couple of tables from us and our tablemates were saying great things about their act.

The cruise before that, we saw Duncan Tuck and felt he was very talented. He combines guitar playing with comedy.

We saw "Motor City" twice on the Golden Princess and really enjoyed it. We also saw "The British Invasion" when it apparently was pretty new. That was good.

We've been on two cruise on which Elua has brought the beautiful melodies of Hawaii to the Piazza and the Lido deck.

Back in 2004, we were sitting through one comedian and were about to leave mid-way, but the second half of his routine was fantastic. He did a slide show featuring passengers and crew members "comparing" a Princess cruise to some other cruise line. It was hysterical.

We became regulars on Princess because we loved Bruce Gordon and his band in the Wheelhouse. We followed them online and would sail with them. He was an incredible crooner specializing in the Great American Songbook. We were so upset when Princess began to cut back on entertainment and decided that they could no longer afford the quartet. So my vote is for Bruce Gordon.

On our last cruise, David Klinkenberg, the violinist, was great and we really enjoyed him. We have also enjoyed the pianist and singer in the atrium, Eric Stone. And of course, Elua was great on our Hawaii cruise last year.

Edited by Mary Ann 2