What food items might be served at QV's evening buffet

oceansandseas

o

DH and I are waitlisted for the early seating. The number is not getting lower and since the late seating is too late for us to dine, looks like we will be going to the evening buffet. Not sure how it will feel to walk along in formal wear to fill our plates. 48 days of this. At first we said that we would not make final payment unless we had a definite first seating, but I did not have the heart to cancel and miss out on the cruise.

If someone is on Queen Victoria at present or remembers from their recent cruise, could they please let me know what there might be to eat. Mostly eat meat, vegetables and salad and dessert. Not into lobster or shell fish. Someone posted that there was a limited room service menu, but I took a look at the sample menu and it did not seem too bad. I have heard that you can order other things from room service. What would they be? Any comments about that would be appreciated also. We are not in grills.

Thanks for any help.

o

You should be able to switch to an early seating once you're aboard. Visit the maitre d' in Britannia as soon as you've dropped your stuff in your stateroom.

The a la carte evening venues in the Lido (e.g., Bamboo, Coriander, Prime) will give you a much better dining experience than the Lido buffet for $15 per person. It's available most if not all nights (over Christmas it wasn't available on the holidays or eves).

The Lido dress codes (including a la carte) are more relaxed than Britannia, although you're expected to be in code if you're in the ship at large.

Edited by Underwatr