Just off Brilliance!

jules815

We are l looking at booking the Brillance for next year. How are the cabins holding up.

From what I have read, the ship had a big overhaul in 2013, but the cabins weren't included. Looks like the last refurbishing of the cabins was 2008. That seems like a lot of wear and tear. What was your experience?

We are l looking at booking the Brillance for next year. How are the cabins holding up.

From what I have read, the ship had a big overhaul in 2013, but the cabins weren't included. Looks like the last refurbishing of the cabins was 2008. That seems like a lot of wear and tear. What was your experience?

We were on the brilliance in December. I saw no damage in our cabin. Ship is beautiful, but I always think that!!

My husband and I will be on the Brilliance towards the end of April 2015 and we are wondering about the drink packages. About a year ago I e-mailed RCCL about what some of the brands were for each package and they replied, but what I forgot to ask was……. What are the average prices per drink for top shelf liquor, top shelf wines and specialty coffees (if you don’t get the package)? Anyone recall what they are recently? I am thinking that we don’t need to buy any of the packages on such a short cruise (5 night). Especially, if we plan on being in port two of these days…….why pay the ship AND the local establishment at the same time?

Just off Brilliance earlier today...We had a Jr Suite and it was in excellent condition, as was most of the ship, as far as I could tell.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this cruise...The ship was very nice and as I said well maintained...The crew was attentive...The food "ok"...You certainly wouldn't go hungry though...Also, we only ate in the Windjammer and Park Cafe...( Our choice as we just aren't into long drawn-out dinners when on vacation anymore)...I was definitely underwhelmed by Park Cafe after all the positives I'd read about it though...Rita's??...We could never find it open.

I did buy a drink package, but bought it assuming that there would be waiters coming around the pool area during the day taking drink orders, but I never saw the first one...I'm usually on my own during the day around the pool and reluctant to leave my things to keep getting up to go get another drink, ( including soft drinks)...That was disappointing and slightly frustrating...The other frustration was the pool bars were closed by 9pm...We like sitting out around the pool at night and this past weekend was the beginning of "March Madness" which they did have on the big screen at the pool...But you couldn't get a drink without going to deck 5 or 6 after 9...And the games went on til midnight.

I had my 16yr old with me and this was a cruise for us to spend time together...But, the musicians and entertainment at night seemed good and people seemed to be enjoying themselves...There was definitely an older clientele on-board ( and I'm no kid)...I'd thought with it being the beginning of the Spring Break season there would be more young people and families.

I hadn't been on Royal for several years and have mainly been sailing Carnival because of the price/dates working out better for me so I was looking forward to sailing Royal again...That said, I can't say I came away feeling I've been missing out on a great deal.

I'm certainly not trying to put anyone off the Brilliance...It checked many of my boxes off just fine...But, for some of the things I enjoy about cruising it fell a little short...Not the ship itself or the crew...Just the general vibe of the cruise...This time anyway...Maybe another time I'd find it different.

• 2 weeks later...
Just off Brilliance earlier today...We had a Jr Suite and it was in excellent condition, as was most of the ship, as far as I could tell.

Jules, Do you know if the new internet service (faster) has been installed on Brilliance? We are going in July and want to know if we will have a good connection.

Thanks!

Killing time at the airport. We had a great cruise. We were in OS 1564 and loved it. Charmaine was our concierge, and Mickey was our awesome bartender in the concierge lounge. Met some very nice people in the lounge, never had an issue finding a seat, or with anyone being rude. There was one gentleman who did question my 25 year old daughter, but it wasn't done in a rude way. Maybe a little nosey, or maybe just making conversation.

We had dinner at Giovanni's (ok), Chops (meh) and Chef's Table (loved)

We had lots of obc to spend. We also had hot stone massages.

Loved brilliance; crew all seemed happy and very friendly. Really enjoyed brilliance class.

Feel free to ask questions.

Hello, welcome back. I am gong on Brilliance 4/25 for the 5day western Caribbean. Have family ocean view 8000 forward any tips?

We were on your cruise also ! The weather was great huh ? We took a chance and did an 11 am flight. We carried luggage off at 8 am.

Loved the cruise. I am not a complainer but that bed was hard ! LOL Hub did not mind it .

We were in an aft room. Long walk but was worth it. Room 8670.

We did MTD 3 nights. Don't like how they pressure you to make reservations. What's the purpose if you can't go when you want to ? LOL

Oh yeah we did the ultimate drink package. Loved the convenience.

My husband is a big craft beer fan, we are going on the Brilliance in October and I was wondering if you knew what craft beer they have onboard? I've heard the pub might have a few options....trying to decide to get the ultimate package or just premium and it all depends on the beer line up.

Also do you know if we can purchase the drink packages once onboard or do we need to do it ahead of time?

Thanks!

Edited by beachloverandfoodie

My husband and I will be on the Brilliance towards the end of April 2015 and we are wondering about the drink packages. About a year ago I e-mailed RCCL about what some of the brands were for each package and they replied, but what I forgot to ask was……. What are the average prices per drink for top shelf liquor, top shelf wines and specialty coffees (if you don’t get the package)? Anyone recall what they are recently? I am thinking that we don’t need to buy any of the packages on such a short cruise (5 night). Especially, if we plan on being in port two of these days…….why pay the ship AND the local establishment at the same time?

do you happen to know the brands of beer? Trying to figure out what craft beer they might have on board. When I spoke with RCCL they said their prices are very comparable to "bar prices". I saw a few things on the message boards and had to agree. Beer was $4-$8, cocktails were $8-10. Not sure specifically about the top shelf stuff but I think it would also be comparable to bar prices.

Royal Caribbean beer prices

1. (non alcoholic beers, 12oz) Buckler, O’Doul’s $4,50

2. (16oz) Miller Lite, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors Light, Michelob Light $4,50

3. (12oz) Dos Equis, Singha, Corona Extra, Amstel Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Peroni, Pilsner Urquell, Tiger, Kirin Light, Red Stripe, Bass Ale, Stella Artois, Beck’s $5,50

4. (12oz) Smirnoff Ice, Sierra Nevada pale ale $5,75

5. (16oz) Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Michelob ULTRA $5,75

6. (12oz) Blue Moon Belgian Ale $6,50

7. (24,5oz) Foster’s Oil Can $8,00

Note (limited offerings): periodically, RCI feature beers unique to itinerary or of special interest. Ask your server for what’s currently available on your sailing. The RCI’s beer menus in onboard pubs, like “Hoof & Claw”‘and “Wig & Gavel”, have the most expanded beer lists, offering 16- or 20oz specialty beers, such as Murphy’s Irish Stout, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddingtons.