Baby and BVE

Kybabe

Never have done a BVE but wanting to invite DD and her husband for a BVE before our cruise in March in LA. They would also have our granddaughter with them. She will be 2 months old, an infant in arms. Is this doable? Please say Yes!

Never have done a BVE but wanting to invite DD and her husband for a BVE before our cruise in March in LA. They would also have our granddaughter with them. She will be 2 months old, an infant in arms. Is this doable? Please say Yes!

I would not see why not, not heard where they may not allow infants.. You would of course have to purchase a BVE for her as well.

Infants are allowed into the MDR. That being said, and speaking as a grouchy old man, I'm not fond of the sound of a crying child while I eat. I'm sure you'd ask to be seated near the door and be ready to take the child, if she vociferously did not find the salmon to her liking, out until she calmed down. (You could also eat, of course, in the HC or the IC.)

Edited by shepp

I would contact Princess. They might have some restrictions as to age' date=' etc.[/quote']

I agree...Call Princess. I think the minimum age to sail is 6 months. And since the BVE is technically a booking, their system might not allow a 2-month old.

Just got off of the phone with a Princess rep. Babies must be 6 months old so that question is answered! The good news is that I will be able to stay an extra week with my little granddaughter after the cruise before flying back to KY!!

Just got off of the phone with a Princess rep. Babies must be 6 months old so that question is answered! The good news is that I will be able to stay an extra week with my little granddaughter after the cruise before flying back to KY!!

Thanks for verifying.

I am sure u have already thought about it but why not have a trusted friend of your DD's watch your GD. It would be nice for her parents to have a little get away and for u to have some time alone with the new parents.

Edited by land lover

I am sure u have already thought about it but why not have a trusted friend of your DD's watch your GD. It would be nice for her parents to have a little get away and for u to have some time alone with the new parents.

That is a wonderful idea, land lover, and yes I had thought about it. But Baby Girl will only be two months old, just 3 weeks now, and DD isn't ready to think about leaving her for that long yet. They live in San Diego so driving time would add to the length of time away. Thought DD and her hubby would enjoy seeing the ship. Maybe next time. I feel confident that DH and I will be traveling to San Diego on a regular basis now! First grandchild!

That is a wonderful idea, land lover, and yes I had thought about it. But Baby Girl will only be two months old, just 3 weeks now, and DD isn't ready to think about leaving her for that long yet. They live in San Diego so driving time would add to the length of time away. Thought DD and her hubby would enjoy seeing the ship. Maybe next time. I feel confident that DH and I will be traveling to San Diego on a regular basis now! First grandchild!

Congrats on your first! Driving from SD does make a difference and being new parents they want everything P E R F E C T and it is hard to leave that little miracle. MY sister just became a Grandparent for the first time, in August, then X2 in Sept and another in October. 4 GC in 2 months... These were from her children in there 30's. My Mom finally became a great grandparent at 95! She was a GP at 59. The way my sons are going I'll probably be 70 B4 i see any GC..lol

Congrats once again!

P.S. I live in Orange County.

Edited by land lover