Chair Hogs Rule

Scotchick

Just off BA, this is what was in the Daily. [ATTACH]337859[/ATTACH]

I was on BA for 12 days and never went to the pool (DH isn't a huge fan). But I will say that had I gone to the pool, I probably would have, throughout the day, thrown my towel down and gone to the buffet or back to my room or whatever for an hour. I read that policy and think I can leave my lounger for 60 minutes. Not 15 minutes or 30 minutes but I can reasonably get up and leave my chair for 60 minutes without someone else taking it. After 60 minutes, if I don't get back to my chair it is reasonable to think my stuff will get moved. If it doesn't get moved - bonus! That probably makes me a chair hog wannabe...I'm good with that label.

I was on an RCI cruise last March...they have a similar policy. I got up at 7am, hogged two chairs with magazines and such for my friend and I and then went for breakfast. I think we were back at the pool at 9am...that definitely makes me an official chair hog....and again, I'm good...Call me what you want. I wanted a chair at the pool for the day. We used the two chairs all day. Outside of my morning indiscretion, we never left....ohhh, except for lunch at the buffet...and being in the pool....and going to the bathroom. How long does one have to SIT in the chair before they get up again, exactly? If you are in the pool and can SEE your chair, is it ok? Maybe my friend and I need to trade off going in the pool so she can hold my chair and I can hold hers...

I definitely think I can leave something on a table in the buffet, get food and come pack and believe my stuff should still be there. Personally, if I see some someone with a disability sitting there I'll happily go find another table. I'd ask to join them if the place is packed...

I went to the spa and fell asleep on the heated loungers. I think that policy says 30 minutes. Definitely chair hog. I'm good with that.

I don't have kids so you can't say I'm a bad parent. But I do have a dog that barks at the UPS Lady...maybe bad dog parent? I'm good with that, too.

Label away, peeps.

Nope, no need to label as you have already done that for us. You are correct, you are a Chog so don't be surprise if you come back to your your favorite chogging spot and find your thing gone and someone else sitting there. :rolleyes:

This is incredibly rude! Since you use a walker, feel free to sit down in one of my chairs in the buffet until your other family members can find an empty table, but please do not remove my items. I sail solo and always eat breakfast and dinner in the MDR. At lunchtime, I am usually in the pool area, so I take my towel, hat, sunglasses, lotion, bag, etc. and find a table (two-top) in the buffet area and then get in line for my lunch. I would find it very difficult to do this carrying all of my items that I used on the pool deck. Please be more considerate.

Yep I agree that's ridiculous. It's difficult to carry a drink a plate maybe a soup and your belongings if your alone. I see no reason why u can't place your items on the table for 5 or 10 minutes to get your food. If I'm with other people one of us sits at the table and takes turns ya think he would want to remove me if I have no food in front of me lol

It would be hard to keep track of how long someone has been gone.

It's not like one hour parking spaces and the parking patrol marks the tires.

Not hard at all. As I mentioned earlier, on our celebrity cruise, the staff would put cards on unoccupied chairs. They would write the current time down and return in x number of minutes and remove belongings if no one was there.

The only thing it takes is NCL deciding that they want to do so.

Not hard at all. As I mentioned earlier, on our celebrity cruise, the staff would put cards on unoccupied chairs. They would write the current time down and return in x number of minutes and remove belongings if no one was there.

The only thing it takes is NCL deciding that they want to do so.

ve

Absolutely. I have witnessed this on a Celebrity cruise as well. We need to start telling them this though! So speak up folks.

ve

Absolutely. I have witnessed this on a Celebrity cruise as well. We need to start telling them this though! So speak up folks.

Considering NCL reads these threads, I think we have spoken up enough just in this thread alone (and there are dozens others like this one over the years).

I have only traveled on smaller and I guess what is generally considered "luxury" cruises, but I am leaving on the Getaway on January 31st. This entire chair hogging situation is something I hope I don't get to experience. On the smaller ships, even on a warm sea day, there is plenty of chair/loungers/beds. I like the idea of the time card to avoid the issue, and then NCL (or whatever cruise line) can have a "Claim your Abandoned Belongings" area for chair hogs.

JS

I have only traveled on smaller and I guess what is generally considered "luxury" cruises, but I am leaving on the Getaway on January 31st. This entire chair hogging situation is something I hope I don't get to experience. On the smaller ships, even on a warm sea day, there is plenty of chair/loungers/beds. I like the idea of the time card to avoid the issue, and then NCL (or whatever cruise line) can have a "Claim your Abandoned Belongings" area for chair hogs.

JS

I wouldn't worry too much. There will definitely be available chairs on the higher decks especially away from the pool. The prime areas around the pool and overlooking the pool is where this occurs. Even still, I walk around until I find one or keep an eye on people leaving if I want a prime spot. If not, just need to get out there earlier. It's vacation. I try to keep problems and issues to a minimum.