Vista Transatlantic Cruise

missymckibben

You might.

Apart from the stormy weather on the Breeze in the Med prior to the TA as others have mentioned, we had a bad storm trying to get to Barcelona on the Dream. That was when it was sailing out of Civitavecchia. Barcelona was missed and we overnighted in Monaco (which was magical).

As someone mentioned take medication the night before you travel and every night after that and you should be fine.

have you booked yet

have you booked yet

merryink, aren't you on the 14 day Pride from Tampa to Baltimore. I will meet you on that one before Vista. I am doing b2b now like mary ann Mary.

When are you going to Tampa? I am spending 3N at BW Bay Harbor with Ginger's big group.

I went on an eastbound transatlantic in spring several years ago, much of the cruise the water was like glass. When we were approaching the NW coast of spain though the water was so rocky it delayed our arrival.

Transpacific we did hit a few storms but it wasn't too bad for me, I was prepared with scopalamine patches just in case.

I would expect this Vista cruise might hit rougher waters, considering it is a northern crossing (disembark in NY) and also fairly late in the season.

Besides a possible rough sea, what is the weather like?

Since Vista is not on as southernly a route as ones going to Fl, it will be pleasant but not that warm. If a pool isn't heated after summer I don't go in. Bermuda is across from NY not Caribbean. I have done several west TAs in Oct Nov. but don't lay out usually. Did NCL Epic TA last NOV to MIA and that was a nice warm crossing.

Never know the weather.

Since Vista is not on as southernly a route as ones going to Fl, it will be pleasant but not that warm. If a pool isn't heated after summer I don't go in. Bermuda is across from NY not Caribbean. I have done several west TAs in Oct Nov. but don't lay out usually. Did NCL Epic TA last NOV to MIA and that was a nice warm crossing.

Never know the weather.

You find this across from New York?

3556934d23814ad4ea2be150169ba706.png

Yes Ruth. Booked yesterday the last Med cruise from Athens and the TA.

Wish CC would start the Vista roll calls.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

I loved our Panama Canal cruise.

email me as mum will be hear to show you around perth whilst i am away

You find this across from New York?

3556934d23814ad4ea2be150169ba706.png

Well obviously not across from NY [emoji50] but Bermuda does not share the same temps as the Caribbean Islands farther south. Just like Nassau and Florida are not as warm as more southerly ones from them too. The TA will not be warm, let's put it that way. Very changeable.

When I did the Carnival Dream TA in Oct/Nov of 2009 it was rainy and stormy approaching Bermuda, sunny while we were there overnight and then rainy again going into NY. I have only done 2 that ended in NY. The rest ended in FL.

I also now realize that the Vista TA likely won't be as warm as the previous ones since, as mentioned, we are not heading South and hitting the Caribbean - but crossing more 'northerly' to end up in Bermuda, then NY - but I sure hope the weather is nice! :)

merryink, aren't you on the 14 day Pride from Tampa to Baltimore. I will meet you on that one before Vista. I am doing b2b now like mary ann Mary.

When are you going to Tampa? I am spending 3N at BW Bay Harbor with Ginger's big group.

Loretta,

You are in for a treat. You will find Ruth & Francis some of the nicest Aussies you will ever meet and Mary can attest to that. They are good looking, smart, easy enough to understand and down to earth. In addition, Ruth is an expert jewelry maker and you can tell by the unique gorgeous jewelry she wears. And when the two are together you can tell they are as in love as they most likely were when they first met. Just two beautiful people.

Once again, my experience was different. In Oct 2012 on the Breeze for her final Med cruise there was a huge storm system in the western med that prevented us from getting into Monaco and caused the captain to reverse the itinerary, skipping Livorno, Rome and Naples and just sailing down and then up the other side of Italy to Dubrovnik. We missed Venice altogether (flooding) then turned back South to hit Messina and the other skipped ports before going back to Barcelona. Lots of rough seas and lots of unhappy people.

Like I said about the TA, hard to predict. But you won't see me on another Med cruise in October.

I was on that one, too, Old Sole. No one can believe me when I tell them we couldn't get into Venice because it was flooded! And Monaco had high winds. People were so mad at the Captain!

OTOH, my TAs thusfar were like glass.

luv2cruz44, we had booked the day the cruises were announced. Amazed that our cabin has gone up $800 in two days! I love the fact that you still display KANGA in your signature. I had designed it and posted it for anyone to use----then I reversed her (she was heading east and our cruise went west) and added it to my cruise shirt! Hope to see you onboard.

Al

8116872925_3cc29143fc_n.jpg

I have a question on how rough the seas are on a transatlantic. I know seas can be rough anytime, anywhere. I've been on two cruises, one to the Western Caribbean and one to the Eastern. I took Bonine on the first and didn't get sick at all. The Eastern cruise killed me the first day. I've never been so sick in my life. Anyone have any experience on a transatlantic and seasickness? I plan to try the patch on our cruise this year.

Thanks to all!

Missy

Hey Missy!! Ug, that's awful. :( I can't imagine being sick on a cruise, no fun at all. I think you'd be fine on the transatlantic. I've done 2 of them and the seas were fine both times (even though we had a Hurricane near us on the 1st one, seas were still fine). I never got sick once on either one (and they were both on ships smaller than Vista). I can't wait for this one on Vista!! :D

Hey Missy!! Ug, that's awful. :( I can't imagine being sick on a cruise, no fun at all. I think you'd be fine on the transatlantic. I've done 2 of them and the seas were fine both times (even though we had a Hurricane near us on the 1st one, seas were still fine). I never got sick once on either one (and they were both on ships smaller than Vista). I can't wait for this one on Vista!! :D

Inviting you and anyone else on the Vista TA to come say hi - already a very active roll call going on! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2156355

I have a question on how rough the seas are on a transatlantic. I know seas can be rough anytime, anywhere. I've been on two cruises, one to the Western Caribbean and one to the Eastern. I took Bonine on the first and didn't get sick at all. The Eastern cruise killed me the first day. I've never been so sick in my life. Anyone have any experience on a transatlantic and seasickness? I plan to try the patch on our cruise this year.

Thanks to all!

Missy

I did this cruise on the Breeze same time of year and the ocean was very calm didn't notice a thing it was great

I just noticed that the cost for a suite is up significantly since I booked. At that time it was $2449 and now $3099. Does that indicate that the cabins are selling quickly?

We booked an 8D balcony on Jan 23 at $1249 pp and the current rate is $2449 pp. Rumor is that the staterooms are selling fast. We also received $200 onboard credit which I believe is no longer being offered.

Edited by M&T ReadyToCruiseAgain

Thanks Froufie!! I actually just joined the roll call. Can't wait to get to know you all and hopefully meet you in person onboard!! :D

That's awesome - and looks like quite a few canucks onboard - looking forward to chatting and meeting in person as well :)