First NY sailings

dettlja

Anyone else notice when they went to add their booking to their online log in that there were cruise dates listed for the Vista after the TA?

Nov 4th

Nov 6th

Nov 14th

Nov 22nd

Interesting as the TA arrives in NY on the 3rd. If they do, in fact, offer a 2 day cruise to nowhere on the 4th maybe we will do a b2b.

Jaimee

Probably the 3rd will be lots of fanfare and a media event with invited guests and travel professionals to stay overnight.

Looks like then they will do a 2 cruise to nowhere and 2 8 nights before moving it to it's permanent home port.

May I ask where you are seeing this?

Probably the 3rd will be lots of fanfare and a media event with invited guests and travel professionals to stay overnight.

Looks like then they will do a 2 cruise to nowhere and 2 8 nights before moving it to it's permanent home port.

The dates are in the first post. I just did the math.

Assuming (yeah, I know) the dates are correct - that makes sense....the one 2 night CTN; followed by 3 - 8-day trips; the last one ending in the new homeport.

Now any speculation about the 8-day itineraries out of NYC?? ;)

Now any speculation about the 8-day itineraries out of NYC?? ;)

for the 8 day itineraries:

ny - san juan - st thomas - grand turk - ny

ny - grand turk - half moon cay - nassau - ny

ny - port canaveral - nassau - freeport - ny

those are splendor's 8 day runs from ny and i expect vista will mimic one or more of them. listed from most desirable (and expensive) to least.

Edited by falkcor

for the 8 day itineraries:

ny - san juan - st thomas - grand turk - ny

ny - grand turk - half moon cay - nassau - ny

ny - port canaveral - nassau - freeport - ny

those are splendor's 8 day runs from ny and i expect vista will mimic one or more of them. listed from most desirable (and expensive) to least.

My thoughts - hopes - as well.

My vote would be the Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay; even though I'm not a really a Nassau fan.

Would NOT like the Canaveral itinerary. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My thoughts - hopes - as well.

My vote would be the Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay; even though I'm not a really a Nassau fan.

Would NOT like the Canaveral itinerary. 😳

i think i'd have to go for the san juan st thomas grand turk itinerary first. grand turk half moon and nassau would be next. i hope i never sail the port canaveral nassau freeport itinerary again lol. :D

i think i'd have to go for the san juan st thomas grand turk itinerary first. grand turk half moon and nassau would be next. i hope i never sail the port canaveral nassau freeport itinerary again lol. :D

Can't argue with ANY of that!! 😉

Well maybe the Nov 22nd is the 11 day they keep giving away passes for in contests. That's what they gave away at the Take on the Vista event and what they are giving away on the Bloggers Cruise.

That's what I thought until I saw that the cruises they gave away at the Vista parties in NYC were for 11 day cruises leaving on the 7th of November. At least, that's what was listed in the official rules for the contests.

http://www.carnivalvistasweeps.com/official-rules.php

Edited by Carnival_Brides

That's what I thought until I saw that the cruises they gave away at the Vista parties in NYC were for 11 day cruises leaving on the 7th of November. At least, that's what was listed in the official rules for the contests.

YIKES - That would put a crimp in to what I was hoping to book! 😳 😞

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That definitely puts a crimp in my plans too. That's missing almost two weeks of school. Not sure what I'll do now. I hope it's wrong though. When I did the add my booking trick to check dates. The 11/22 end on 12/3 which is 11 days of cruising.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Fourkids4us

When I added my newest booking (Vista) it had sailing dates well into 2017, that alternated between 6 & 8 day increments.

We still don't know if the dates on Carnival's website are reliable. As per the Carnival Vista Getaway Giveaway (http://www.carnivalvistasweeps.com/) and those winning a complimentary Carnival Vista cruise at the event in New York, we know there is an 11 day cruise departing on November 7, 2016. This information is not reflected on Carnival's website.

Official Contest Rules:

15be36857c371367cb8a0e65e6d6c8fb.png

Carnival's Manage My Booking:

b76f0872d772685268ea690488a6e244.png

Very true, it certainly does not reflect the right dates for the 11 day cruise for contest winners.

I had only commented to say it appeared that way to me by the dates of the future sailings as well, but who knows how it will truly pan out ....

Well obviously Carnival can make many changes as they see fit. I booked and paid a $1200 deposit for cruise with 4 ports and next thing my itinerary had 4 different ports. Though if someone set up dates alternating between 6 and 8 days, there is a reasonable chance that they are considering that scheme.

Edited by familycruzinnewbie