Local Stingray City and Snorkel Tour

cmukid87

Last week we used the local company that bugs you when you get to the port. There was a group of about 25 of us that went out on the same boat.

I had my GoPro camera for the Stingrays on an extendable pole and had a chest mount when we were snorkeling. The snorkeling was over and we were climbing back onto the boat and noticed my GoPro was not connected. Naturally I freaked out. Not because of the value of the camera but the 2 hours of video and 1500 pictures I had on it from our cruise! The two guides, myself and one other jumped back in.

5 minutes later one of the guides gives a thumbs up and comes up with my camera. I gave him $50 when we got back to shore.

Long story short, these guys do care at least a little bit and it's worth the $30/person we paid to go on this tour. I'd recommend it!

Wonderful! SO glad you your camera back will all those memories!

A few tour operators get mentioned by name frequently but this goes to show that there are a lot of great mom-and-pop operators in Cayman as well. The tourism community wants ALL of you to enjoy your visit and come back for more!

That is so awesome to hear and my heart sank when I started reading this. I would be so crushed if I lost my camera's or something happened to them.

Do you know the name of this company? It's always great to give a shout out to them for being a great tour company, but better if you mention their name so others can know it's good to use them too. :)