About to Jump Off Oasis and go with Escape......Promotion/OBC question

The special gives OBC, Drink package, and unlimited dining package for those purchase suites. If you book a balcony, you get to pick one. We opt for drink package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by endymion6942

And there are no suites on Escape......or that would have been a great deal. Haven is a little too far out of my reach. I was told the mini-suites don't count

Do you mean all the Suites are sold out. The Suites are in the Haven. We opted for a spa mini suite on Escape. Told DW we would have to cruise less to get another Haven suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by endymion6942

And there are no suites on Escape......or that would have been a great deal. Haven is a little too far out of my reach. I was told the mini-suites don't count

What do you mean no suites on Escape?! Escape will have more suites than any other NCL ship. Sure, the suites come with Haven amenities, but that doesn't mean they aren't suites.

I'm also considering booking Escape. This would be our first NCL experience. Can anyone confirm' date=' whether the ships have lifts down into the pools?[/quote']

I saw them on Epic, even for the thalassotherapy pool in the spa and for the hot tubs in Spice H2O. I confess I don't remember seeing them on older ships, such as Sky, Spirit, Dawn, and Pearl. I would call the NCL Accessibility Assistance line at 866.584.9756 for better information than I can provide.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

We just did the Getaway and Oasis back to back. We definitely prefer the Getaway. The Oasis has lots of things to see - just not as much for our family to do on a daily basis. We have done the Epic(3 times), Allure, Oasis, and Getaway. We prefer NCL.

Hello,

Curious about your family, we are booked on the oasis and getaway (just holding both until we decide) for this summer, there are 6 of us going, the price difference is the oasis is $3,000 more than getaway plus getaway perks of obc and beverage package. My kids are 15, 9, 9 all boys. My question is how old are your kids and how does the soda package work on the Getaway, is it dispensing machines or do you have to go to a bar/restaurant to get refills. We love Allure and Oasis but are having a hard time agree to pay that much more for the cruise. Any info you can provide would be great.

Hello- I have been on the NCL Gateaway and the Oasis both. Save the $3000. There is no way the oasis is worth that much more. I have two boys 12 & 6. The Getaway was their favorite cruise and we are going to book on the Escape. There is so much more to do for the family on the Getaway. Which ever you choose I'm sure you will have a blast. 😄

We just did the Getaway and Oasis back to back. We definitely prefer the Getaway. The Oasis has lots of things to see - just not as much for our family to do on a daily basis. We have done the Epic(3 times), Allure, Oasis, and Getaway. We prefer NCL.

Similarly, we recently did Getaway and Allure back-to-back. Although Norwegian Getaway was a nice ship, we preferred Allure of the Seas and do generally prefer Royal Caribbean. (This is being said not to say that you're wrong at all. It's merely a lead in to...)

there are 6 of us going, the price difference is the oasis is $3,000 more than getaway plus getaway perks of obc and beverage package.

I definitely agree with grossnmoe. Save the $3,000 and go on Norwegian Getaway. She is a great ship. Your boys will love the water slides and ropes course.

Even though I do prefer Royal Caribbean, I did take advantage of the current promotion to book Norwegian Escape for next year's spring break (as a back-to-back with Freedom of the Seas :)).

Hello,

Curious about your family, we are booked on the oasis and getaway (just holding both until we decide) for this summer, there are 6 of us going, the price difference is the oasis is $3,000 more than getaway plus getaway perks of obc and beverage package. My kids are 15, 9, 9 all boys. My question is how old are your kids and how does the soda package work on the Getaway, is it dispensing machines or do you have to go to a bar/restaurant to get refills. We love Allure and Oasis but are having a hard time agree to pay that much more for the cruise. Any info you can provide would be great.

Sorry it took so long to reply. This is just my opinion and I know some people just LOVE certain ships - but, right now - NCL just happens to have our favorites.

My DD is 10 years old and is extremely active. We have done the Epic 3 times. We have done the Epic and Allure and Getaway and Oasis back to back. When we embarked the Allure and Oasis, we walked and walked - exploring the ships. They are beautiful and have lots of unique features. But, in the days that followed, there just was not enough for our little girl to actually do.

She rode the carousel - a few times was enough. She was too small for the flowrider and the zipline. The rockwall was fun for one time. We iceskate at home - so that does not appeal to us. She played in the splash area a little but has sort of outgrown that. She swam in the pool for a while and then wanted to do something different.

On the Getaway - WOW - she constantly had to decide what to do - sooo many options for her age and her personal likes. She would do the rope course with friends for hours. She just loved the bungee trampoline and spider moutain/slide. She did the rockwall once or twice. We had fun bowling. We all played at the waterslides for hours several days.

I think the ships are unique and in my opinion the Getaway is perfect for our DD's age. I can totally see that older teens may like the RCCL ships. I don't care for the entertainment on Allure, Oasis, or Getaway. Epic set the bar REALLY high - loved the entertainment!

As far as soda - NCL, you just go anywhere that serves soda and show your card. I think this is a preference as well. Some like carrying the cup around - others don't.

Just MY family's opinion - book Getaway and use the savings for awesome excursions!

Sorry it took so long to reply. This is just my opinion and I know some people just LOVE certain ships - but, right now - NCL just happens to have our favorites.

My DD is 10 years old and is extremely active. We have done the Epic 3 times. We have done the Epic and Allure and Getaway and Oasis back to back. When we embarked the Allure and Oasis, we walked and walked - exploring the ships. They are beautiful and have lots of unique features. But, in the days that followed, there just was not enough for our little girl to actually do.

She rode the carousel - a few times was enough. She was too small for the flowrider and the zipline. The rockwall was fun for one time. We iceskate at home - so that does not appeal to us. She played in the splash area a little but has sort of outgrown that. She swam in the pool for a while and then wanted to do something different.

On the Getaway - WOW - she constantly had to decide what to do - sooo many options for her age and her personal likes. She would do the rope course with friends for hours. She just loved the bungee trampoline and spider moutain/slide. She did the rockwall once or twice. We had fun bowling. We all played at the waterslides for hours several days.

I think the ships are unique and in my opinion the Getaway is perfect for our DD's age. I can totally see that older teens may like the RCCL ships. I don't care for the entertainment on Allure, Oasis, or Getaway. Epic set the bar REALLY high - loved the entertainment!

As far as soda - NCL, you just go anywhere that serves soda and show your card. I think this is a preference as well. Some like carrying the cup around - others don't.

Just MY family's opinion - book Getaway and use the savings for awesome excursions!

Thank you so much for all the information, yes we think we are going to stay with the Getaway, now just hopefull there will be a kids sail free.