Yay price drop!

New2cruise1483

As a general rule will ncl honour a price drop , my cruise dropped this week and ncl would not agree to drop to new price!!! Annoyed as only had booked about 10 days. I booked it through a travel agent can I speak to them myself and try??

As a general rule will ncl honour a price drop , my cruise dropped this week and ncl would not agree to drop to new price!!! Annoyed as only had booked about 10 days. I booked it through a travel agent can I speak to them myself and try??

If you are inside of final payment date NCL does not do price adjustments. If you are booked with a TA you have to have them deal with NCL. Only way to avoid that is to cancel with your TA (beware of cancellation fees) and rebook with NCL to discuss your cruise with them.

Also, if you are inside final payment date do not be upset with this policy. Just as they will not lower the price you paid they will also not raise the price you paid if the cruise you booked goes up in price. Our upcoming cruise our room is well over $2,000 more than when we booked so pricing can go either way.

Quick tip: If you are inside final payment date and the prices are going down you can upsell to a higher category room. Depending on what you originally paid and what room are going for now you may be able to get a nicer room for not much extra money.

If your price drops before final payment, NCL is happy to rebook you at the lower price. After final payment? Your contact states that they owe you nothing. The OP is before final payment.

So many things to consider here: 1-you do not hold the reservation, your agent does, so it has to go through them. 2-not always are rate drops honored, it depends on whether you are in a group rate which sometimes you do not even know. It could be a special promo your agency is holding, giving a perk or whatever. 3-no matter when you booked, if it is after the final payment date, adjustments usually will not happen. 4-some rate changes are based on new bookings, not old ones.

I am not due to go until May so outside of final payment date, as I stated only booked approx 10 days ago and price has dropped £100 per person. I used a cruise deposit booked on a previous cruise for the deposit. If I was to cancel how much should I loose per person. Thanks for any replies would not usually kick up a fuss but really annoyed as only book just over a week ago

I am not due to go until May so outside of final payment date, as I stated only booked approx 10 days ago and price has dropped £100 per person. I used a cruise deposit booked on a previous cruise for the deposit. If I was to cancel how much should I loose per person. Thanks for any replies would not usually kick up a fuss but really annoyed as only book just over a week ago

Contact your TA because only your TA can do price drop or anything else. When you book through a TA, NCL does not handle your reservation at all when it comes to prices or incentives offered.

If the final payment date did not pass, you should be able to get the price drop without any penalties if you contact your TA.

It seems you booked outside the USA. There are different rules.