Pullman bed? What's that?

Bluenose Sandy

Hello. I have a dumb question... enlighten me, please!! I'm looking to book my stateroom and will have a 3rd (small) person in it. So I understand "sofa bed available" but what's "Pullman bed available"? Is that one of those thingies that pull down from a wall? And if so, WHERE might it be... over the other beds so we bonk our heads?

And are there guard rails available so a small person sleeping there (she would love it... bunk bed, heaven!) would not roll over the side?

Help.

Sandy

Yes, the pullman bed is one of those that come down from the wall or ceiling. They are usually over the other beds. During the day the steward will usually put it up so it is out of the way. I'm not sure, but I think you have to provide your own bed rail.

On the RCCL Navigator and the Caribbean Princess, it is a bed above the other beds that pulls down from the wall. the bed on the Caribbean Princess had a side rail and ladder at the end. Can't remember whether the side railing was on the Navigator bed. Its kind of like bunkbeds.

Here's a link to a photo of an inside on Princess. When the steward comes in for the turn down service, he or she will pull down the bed or beds for you. Yes, the lower sleeper will have to watch out if he gets up for any nocturnal night time visits (we usually keep the bathroom light on and the door ajar). And it can be hard to watch TV with the bed down.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=16721

(look for my reply) Sorry, I haven't resized my photos yet for attachment since we started using this computer.

Archived