Carnival TA bash Friday night

jimbo5544

We went to the Carnival event on Friday. Someone hre ahd asked, so hre is some info and pictures from the event. Be happy to answer any questions also.

The event ran from 5 to 7:30 and was held at Jazz at Licoln Center on teh 5th floor. All the (Carnival Cruise Line) big whigs were in attendance, the only exception we did not see was Christine Duffy (the new President).

Here is a look at what you were greeted with once you checked in.

mrv9d2.jpg

Here is the present area

10gzas7.jpg

They also had a vista bicycle thingy which you got to try and they took a video of you and you can send to an email which I did but is way to corny to post here.

They had a setup of Suessville and Camp Ocean with some hands on things for that as well.

I remember reading she doesn't start until February or something along those lines.

Yoy know what I think you are correct! Everyone else was there including Mike, John H. Jonni Reinn and Lynn Torrent and others.

Grabbed a pic with my wife and John before everything got under way.

ilk4k4.jpg

Then John started to show, warming up the crowd before handing the mic over to Mike.

iwlv5t.jpg

Mike took everyone thru all the stuff that has been posted here and then they brought people in small groups to another room.

Very cute of doing it, there were 3 levels and they had things associated with Carnival and would be on the Vista. Things,like a latin band playing interspersed with a guy that plays in the Red Frog on the Breeze. Food station with actual food from Red Frog, Havana Bar, Cherry on Top and these 360 degree things that remind me of the old viewfinders that when you look thru them and turn around you see a 360 degree view of the rendering of whatever they were trying to show. Pretty cool actually.

Grabbed a pic with my wife and John before everything got under way.

ilk4k4.jpg

Then John started to show, warming up the crowd before handing the mic over to Mike.

iwlv5t.jpg

Mike took everyone thru all the stuff that has been posted here and then they brought people in small groups to another room.

Great pic of you all..... I cant believe how much weight john has lost. Congrats to him!

Jimbo, did you try any of the new beer and if so what did you think about it?

Tom

I did not try the beer there. I have had red frog ale on ships with a Red Frog Pub (which this looked like). Obviously this was not brewed on a ship. I liked Red Frog Ale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So, Jimbo, will you be going on the Vista?

I assume you mean over in Europe. When she comes here, without a doubt. My expectation is they will have the naming ceremony in New York, like they did with the Dream, but that is pure speculation on my part.

We are discussing sailing her in Europe, we last sailed Europe in 2006 on the Liberty. The itins I like most are on dates we cannot do. We will figure something out. Waiting on the second announcement to decide when to sail her over here. Maybe one of the New York sailings, maybe the sailing when she moves to her homeport and maybe a NYE sailing in the new homeport. Pretty decisive huh?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Jimbo!! Thanks for the info and pics from the event, looks like it was a blast!! :D Thanks also for offering to answer any questions. I do have a few and I'm sure I'll have more in the months ahead until I sail on Vista. I'm going on the 13 Day Transatlantic from Barcelona to New York, can't wait!! :D

I was wondering about the SkyRide. Does it go fast, slow or both and how many times per ride do you get to go around the track? Also, would they let me use my GoPro on the ride (this goes for the SkyCourse, think it's called that, the one they also have on the Breeze, and the watersides)?

I was looking at the deck plans on Carnival's website and I didn't see anything that looked like a Dance Club/Disco. Are they not having on onboard or am I missing something? I thought I looked pretty carefully but maybe not.

Our cabin is on Deck 6 directly above the Havana Bar/Pool (an aft facing balcony). I know we can't use that area ( :( ) since we don't have a Havana cabin but I was wondering, do you think it will be noisy in the morning? Sometimes I like to sleep in on cruises. I don't care how loud it is at night since I'm usually up till 3 or 4 in the morning anyway so don't care.

If you're right about the naming ceremony being in NY, what should we call the ship when we're onboard? Can we call her the Vista or should we refer to her by her technical/official "name" at that point which would be Newbuild # whatever? LOL, just kidding (sorta)!! :p :D

Thanks again and I hope I get to sail with you and your wife someday (either on Vista or some other ship)!! :D

Edited by Avril

1. I was wondering about the SkyRide. Does it go fast, slow or both and how many times per ride do you get to go around the track? Also, would they let me use my GoPro on the ride (this goes for the SkyCourse, think it's called that, the one they also have on the Breeze, and the watersides)?

2. I was looking at the deck plans on Carnival's website and I didn't see anything that looked like a Dance Club/Disco. Are they not having on onboard or am I missing something? I thought I looked pretty carefully but maybe not.

3. Our cabin is on Deck 6 directly above the Havana Bar/Pool (an aft facing balcony). I know we can't use that area ( :( ) since we don't have a Havana cabin but I was wondering, do you think it will be noisy in the morning? Sometimes I like to sleep in on cruises. I don't care how loud it is at night since I'm usually up till 3 or 4 in the morning anyway so don't care.

4. If you're right about the naming ceremony being in NY, what should we call the ship when we're onboard? Can we call her the Vista or should we refer to her by her technical/official "name" at that point which would be Newbuild # whatever? LOL, just kidding (sorta)!! :p :D

1. Carnival used GoPros to film the ropes course in their promotional Carnival Vista video. Although, that doesn't mean much as Carnival's commercials insinuate that multiple people can go on Dream class slides together.

2. Just as the Carnival Sunshine, the main show lounge will transform into the nightclub.

3. You may hear noise in the morning, but on your sailing, it is doubtful. Transatlantic cruises attract an older demographic who tend to be quieter and enjoy spending their time sitting in the Lido restaurant playing cards. As the pool is restricted to those over 12, I don't think much noise would be observed in the mornings on its Caribbean sailings.

4. The ship and all promotional material will read Carnival Vista. The naming ceremony is just an industry tradition, but have no worries. :D

Edited by Pixelate