Rita's Cantina on Serenade

Richst48

We were recently on Serenade and ate one night at Rita's Cantina. The only thing that was half way decent were the margarita's. The food was horrible. We are from Texas so we know Tex-mex and this was really bad. No wonder the place only had about 4 other customers in there. Has anyone else had the same experience? I think Royal have Rita's on other ships. Are they this bad also?

Thanks!

Edited by staggr

Well, we couldn't figure out how to get in once windjamers was closed. We asked, and were told to go to windjamers, which was closed. Finally, we were early enough last night of cruise to get in for 2 for 1 margaritas. Not impressed with bartender, not happy DH tipped additional either.

We didnt try the food, I refuse to buy food on a cruise, there's enough food included.

We were recently on Serenade and ate one night at Rita's Cantina. The only thing that was half way decent were the margarita's. The food was horrible. We are from Texas so we know Tex-mex and this was really bad. No wonder the place only had about 4 other customers in there. Has anyone else had the same experience? I think Royal have Rita's on other ships. Are they this bad also?

Thanks!

We thought the food was horrible also . . . . the nachos consisted of stale chips, canned chili and cheese whiz! What a waste of space.

HI all!

I really enjoyed Rita's on Allure. There was so much food I had to hail a passing acquaintance to help me eat it & it was delish.

I was looking forward to trying it again on Serenade.

~ Jo ~ :)

It's not the same. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad we were not the only ones that think it is bad.

We will be on Navigator in August. I see there is a Sabor on there now, added since we last sailed on her. I hope it is good. We have sailed enough that we are getting tired of the main dinning room and enjoy the specialty resturants. I don't mind paying for it if it is good.

Another problem we had on Serenade was crowding in the main dinning room. We were on for two weeks and only ate in there 4 times because it was so crowded. Didn't get the service and attention we usually get. We had sailed on Serenade twice before and it was not that way.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to trying it in March for lunch.

I'm glad we were not the only ones that think it is bad.

We will be on Navigator in August. I see there is a Sabor on there now, added since we last sailed on her. I hope it is good. We have sailed enough that we are getting tired of the main dinning room and enjoy the specialty resturants. I don't mind paying for it if it is good.

I thought Sabor was fabulous. I was hoping Rita's would be more or less the same, but I guess it isn't!:(

We ate at Rita's on Serenade week before last. We had chips & dip, nachos & the "cigars" (chicken flautas). We are from Texas & know good Mexican. The "cigars" (can't remember the exact name) were delishious. The rest was sub par. We ate it all tho as we were soooooo missing our Tex Mex. I drank two Margaritas.... Which were not good.... But there was a boat on fire in the port in Nassau & we met some new friends there... So we lingered, watching the boat on fire & talking to our new friends. It was ok, but had no desire to go back.

We ate at Sabor on Navigator back in Oct. It was delish! The margaritas are to die for!

The Main Dining Room on Serenade was sooo crowded. They have way too many tables crammed in there! God help people if there is a fire!

Just my .02 worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We ate at Rita's on Serenade week before last. We had chips & dip, nachos & the "cigars" (chicken flautas). We are from Texas & know good Mexican. The "cigars" (can't remember the exact name) were delishious. The rest was sub par. We ate it all tho as we were soooooo missing our Tex Mex. I drank two Margaritas.... Which were not good.... But there was a boat on fire in the port in Nassau & we met some new friends there... So we lingered, watching the boat on fire & talking to our new friends. It was ok, but had no desire to go back.

We ate at Sabor on Navigator back in Oct. It was delish! The margaritas are to die for!

The Main Dining Room on Serenade was sooo crowded. They have way too many tables crammed in there! God help people if there is a fire!

Just my .02 worth...

Sigh...I guess it's a good thing I'm only eating there three or maybe four times.

FWIW, I thought they had the tables crammed in MTD on the Navigator too. Is it more crowded than that?

FWIW, I thought they had the tables crammed in MTD on the Navigator too. Is it more crowded than that?

The Serenade dining room was terribly crowded. We had a table at the window & had to "suck it in" so to speak to get to our table.

Navigator in Feb '14 & Oct '14 was spacious compared to Serenade.

Thanks!

I'm amazed that a revenue center such as this, located on prime real estate with views, is being left alone by RCL with less than 10% occupancy any given night for all these years on the Radiance Class ships. I never tried the food... so much more better options this would be my last with a ship full of excellent choices.

RCL experimented with the "Crab Shack" on radiance which turned out ok it seemed on the Alaska runs.

If RCL was smart, they'd convert all 4 Rita's on the Radiance Class ships to an enclosed venue, "Sabor". Put a Sabor in there, equal in quality/class/service/and espiecally the taste of the food on Navigator and they'll sell that place out every night.

You're welcome RCL for this money making suggestion.... when you're collecting $30pp x 100 people per night I hope you send my free cruise voucher on the mail asap :rolleyes::p:D