Quebec City, Isle of Orleans, and Montmorency Falls Tour

We did it several years ago, it was quite impressive, a short walk as I recall of about half a mile, from the bus, the falls freeze over in winter.

We did the falls, then back to the ship for a second tour which included a maple farm, and the Olde City.

Quebec City I found was the safest city that I have walked in, after dark in N. America. The teens were very polite.

john

We did it several years ago, it was quite impressive, a short walk as I recall of about half a mile, from the bus, the falls freeze over in winter.

We did the falls, then back to the ship for a second tour which included a maple farm, and the Olde City.

Quebec City I found was the safest city that I have walked in, after dark in N. America. The teens were very polite.

john

Do you remember which tour company you used? I want to do a private excursion, rather than one through the ship.

Do you remember which tour company you used? I want to do a private excursion, rather than one through the ship.

If you take the funicular to the upper town, there is a tourist office about a block away at which you can book tours. We were there last June and there was not a problem booking tours when we got there.

If you take the funicular to the upper town, there is a tourist office about a block away at which you can book tours. We were there last June and there was not a problem booking tours when we got there.

Thank you, but I'm trying to book an excursion for 8-10 people to share. Since this is a popular time of year, I prefer to have my tours arranged ahead of time.

Assume ship docks at 7am; then sails next day at 5pm

Local tours ? email: informations@toursvieuxquebec.com , $70 pp an all day, catch all the need to see

On your own ?

>> Old town is walking distance from cruise ship pier, lots to see within a 30 minutes radius, some steep hill walk; palais royal info zone; petit champlain , a maze of artsy fartsy stores&restaurants, terrasse dufferin and archeological digs; grande allee-restaurants; rue st jean; the Citadel (home of the Royal 22nd regiment-Vandoos); get on the ecobus $1

>> Short distance from pier is the ferry, a 10 minute river crossing, $3 pp,one way; a must ; great view of the Landmark-Chateau Frontenac (hotel) and city skyline; night crossing even better

Montmorency falls is 15 km from old town, $25 cab fare one way, cable car over the falls approx $12-13 return

Also chaudiere falls-6km in ste foy, less impressive, worth a hike.

I'm booking through viator dot com

You can prepay in US$ and print your voucher from home. I've used them on six previous occasions for tours in Barcelona - if you have any questions, call their toll free number on their web page...the tour group through Viator meets next door to where our ship docks...another plus. They haven't been a disappointment yet...their prices are normally the same as at the door and no upcharge. It's a start, but it's always good to verify for yourself.

Good luck!

Nancy

Edited by Grand & Nana