FLL with MIA Cruise

spankym13

Hello everyone,

im going crazy trying to plan out trip in Oct2015. We fly into FLL at 3:50 on Friday OCT16th. We were going to shuttle to MIA and hang out at the biscayne market place by the port. but $250 a night isn't worth it for a night in a hotel precruise. Can some one tell me a good place to stay close to FLL were SAS will pick up the next day to shuttle to the port. We prefer some were that has an area we can walk around and grab dinner with out a taxi. is this even an option?:eek:

Check out Holiday Inn Express or Hyatt Place by SE 17th street. You can walk to Publix super market and Total Wine at Harbor Shops strip mall. You can walk to Outback steak for dinner if you wish. We stayed at Hyatt Place, they offer airport shuttle and pretty nice hotel for one night. I saw many fellow cruisers staying there.

SAS lists the hotels in the FLL area they pick up at on their web site; QLS and other often suggested shuttle providers do the same thing.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info. Unless you are cruising over Halloween you should be able to find something nice in the FLL area for well under $250

Great thanks. Yea ive found some hotels on the shuttle lists. I just dont know the area this is out first time in fll. So not sure whats around the hotels and how easy the access is. Our last one we stayed at hotel close to bayside market place. But we were flying into mia also

next week six of us are staying at the "Best Miami Hotel" in South Miami for $86 per room, has free shuttle from Miami airport to the hotel, and free shuttle next day to the cruise port! I will let you know how it is. I am thinking it's not the best for $86. But that price is right up my alley!!

We have stayed numerous times at the Hyatt Place on 17th st. They provide a free airport shuttle. You could take their shuttle back to FLL airport where SAS will pick you up for the trip over to Port of Miami.

We always book on Valutrips.com just click on value rates, your date comes up $129. It is not on the beach but you can walk to many restaurants, supermarket and liquor store are behind the hotel across a parking lot.

There is a free trolley bus that makes a circuit down to the beach, Las Olas etc http://www.Suntrolley.com

Great thanks. Yea ive found some hotels on the shuttle lists. I just dont know the area this is out first time in fll. So not sure whats around the hotels and how easy the access is. Our last one we stayed at hotel close to bayside market place. But we were flying into mia also

Pull your desired hotel up on Google maps and then "search nearby" for drug stores or restaurants, etc. It will list them, the distances, and even calculate how long it will take you to walk there.

Yes i found one next to bayside market place. I believe next to holiday inn. It was called lemington i think. It was $86 but looked a little rough

Apart from Bayside Marketplace, and the Holiday Inn area, that section of town gets very iffy within a few blocks.... there is always a large police presence outside Bayside though.