Clamato juice on the Pride?

sunnydaze

Sorry about this strange question - I know somebody will know the answer.

I have organized a cruise for my sister. She is leaving Sept 11th on the Pride to the Mexican Riviera. She is threatening to take "Clamato" juice on board with her, in case she can't get any there.

Does anyone know if you can get it on the ship?

Thanks!

Love Bloody Caesars. I could not find any Clamato Juice this past June on the Pride. I thought about bringing some but with my luck it would somehow break/spill and be all over my clothes.

Sorry to tell you this but its seems that it is hard to find a ship that has it. I was on the Fantasy and the Triumph and they didn't have it and I am glad I brought my own. I just packed the little tins (single serving ones that come in a six pack) and carried it on the ship. No questions asked, and boy did I enjoy those Caesars. So tell your sis to bring as much as she thinks she will need.

Leaving on the Victory Oct. 2nd and I will sure have my Clamato with me!!!

Barb:)

Do they even sell Clamato in the United States ... I know our friends live in the Philadelphia area andwe mail it to them. As well as bring a case everytime we visit..

LOL

unless it is just entering the market now..

Nothing better than a Caesar for breakfast... On your balcony... Oh I can just imagine...

the 6 pack of Clamato already mixed is excellent...

Cheers...

I can always count on you - to find the answers - to anything.

I was going to tell her to pick up her darn clamato juice in long beach - instead of hauling it all the way from Canada, but I had the same thought as you - Mc'smom.

Do you think she can get some in long beach?

It's her honeymoon - and they aren't experienced cruisers - and I want it to be perfect for them. And - if Clamato juice is what it takes - Ha! - you know what I mean-

See the length I'll go for my little sister - Shereen?

I'm going to e-mail her this thread -

Thanks for your help.

I have been asking for Clamato juice on my last 3 cruises. Bloody Mary's just aren't the same as a good Caeser. I sure do miss them when I cruise. I think I'll go and get some small cans for my next cruise, the Liberty sailing Sept 6/05. I'll toast all the Canadians as I sip away on the balcony before dinner.

Suunydaze, I wouldn't take the chance of waiting to get to the states. I know that some groceries stores in Daytona sell Clamato but it is hard to find. I live in Montreal, Quebec and I purchase 4 six packs of Clamato here, and took them on the plane with me just to make sure. All you need to add is your vodka!!!!!!!!!!!boy were they good. If you are a Bloody Caeser fan you know that a Bloody Mary just can't compare.

When I am on my balcony on the Victory Oct 2nd I will think of you all as I am enjoying my Caesar!!!!!!!!!

Tell Shereen to bring it with her, after all this is her honeymoon and we don't anything to spoil it.

Tootles for now,

Barb :)

Has anyone tried the Mott's Clamato Bartender's Mix ? It has the rimmer salt and horseradish already in it .. All you need to do is add Vodka...

It is the same size jug as the regular Clamato....

It is awesome and comes in a hot spice as well just to give it a bit of zip...

LOL

Well sunnydaze, I am sure that your sis will find something to quench her thirst!!!!! She may even find a new favorite drink and have allot of fun doing it.

mc'smom your pictures of the victory were great!! Could you tell me what beach you wnet to in St. Maarteen and St. Thomas? I also noticed that you had Godfrey for your tour, was it a good experince and worth the money. We have booked him for a private tour for the whole day.

Thanks

HI there

We did Orient Beach in St. Maarten, we rented a jeep at the pier and with map in hand toured hte island..Tons of fun...

then in St.Thomas we did.... My mind is drawing a blank... LOL the beach with Coral World, not the nicest looking beach but crystal clear water, cheap beer and the fish came right to you in the water, we had dog biscuists with us and even more fish surrounded us..It was Awesome..

Godfrey is the best tour guide I have ever had... we did the group tour with him, he puts 20 people in his truck.. So you ar doing the private limo tour ? Awesome !

You will not be disappointed with Godfrey.... Are you going on the Victory ?

If you have any more ?'s let me kow and I will give you my email address.

I know that this is a little off the subject of this post (sorry suunydaze) but,

Yes, mc'smom we are going on the victory, Oct. 2. We have been on the Triumph (sister ship) so a least we know the layout. Was the green decor a little overpowering? Was there anything about the Victory you didn't like?

We have a private tour with Godfrey (11 people) but don't know if it will be a limo or not, but who cares, we are on vacation and not at work. We will be going to Coki beach as it is supposed to be great for snorkelling.

Thanks for the info.

HI Treasure

We went to Coki Beach.. I have my mind back now… LOL

The green décor.. It really was only in the Atrium.. Took some pictures in there, had a couple of drinks in that area… The other areas are basically green with a salmon color so it was a bit more blended… LOL

There really wasn’t anything I did not like about the Victory, I encountered a few cranky crew members but that is about it… We had a balcony on the Upper deck… Loved it…

You will love Godfrey, since there are 11 of you he probably will transport you around in his truck like you see in my pictures… Coki beach was not the nicest as I have mentioned, the washrooms are disgusting, but the beer was cheap and cold.. The water itself and the sand are clean… Try to bring some dog biscuits with you, the fish will come right to you, without going under…

If you have any more ?’s fire away…

Thanks mc'smom for the info. We also have a balcony, I wouldn't have it anyother way (LOL), my DH says I am spoiled (maybe).

We are going to Coki beach for the snorkelling. We will try to keep the washroom trips to a minimum, hopefully they have cleaned it up. Is there any special place along the beach that we should tell Godfrey to drop us off at?

Also the same questions for Orient Beach, any special location or restaurant that is good for us to park our butts outside of?

Thanks for all your help, we will have a toast for you when we are sitting on our balcony looking out over the vast ocean (can't wait!!!!!!!!!)

Barb

Coki beach has one drop off and one pick point really, there is more but Godfrey would be manouvering in and out of those areas, the point he drops you off is kinda like the parking lot for Coral World,

Orient Beach is much larger tha Coki... Every vendor offers something like a chair, an umbrella and a drink of choice for $ 7.00 ... ( my drink of choice was a Corona in a bottle, as the ship serves them in plastic cups LOL )

And we plopped our butts down for a few hours and a few drinks... There is a nudist area further down the beach.. Some topless in all areas...

LOL

Thought of a funny image we saw just as we arrived at Orient Beach.. I have my video camera in hand filming my DD ( 7 ) play in the water and this totally naked bald headed man strolls by, I mean bald form head to toe no body hair once so ever... Ugly as can be.. stops so he doesn't get on my video..

The thought that he stopped, made me cringe... It emant I had to look again at him... Just what he wanted.. Now perhaps if he was good looking I could understand.. But he looked like KOJAK... LOL

Anyways, you will have a good time...

I just booked yesterday a 3 night Disney Cruise for my Daughter's birthday...

Leaving hubby at home and taking my 24 yr old Niece...

Any more ?'s I am here.. LOL

Lisa

Oh almost forgot the souvinirs on Orient Beach seemed to be a little pricey..

The food however was unbelievable........ There was a guy bbqing GIANT Shrimp... I can't remember how much but they were kinda cheap.... aboput 5 inches long and to die for !

.......We are going to Coki beach for the snorkelling. We will try to keep the washroom trips to a minimum, hopefully they have cleaned it up. Is there any special place along the beach that we should tell Godfrey to drop us off at?

Also the same questions for Orient Beach, any special location or restaurant that is good for us to park our butts outside of?........

Coki isn't really that large of a beach, and when we went there in June Godfrey dropped us off by Coral World (right beside the beach). I forgot to bring any dog biscuits with us, but they sold big Milk Bones right by the beach where they rent snorkel equipment (they call them fish food).

We took a cab to Orient Beach and were dropped off near the Pirate bar & Grill. For something like $14-$16 they rented us two lounge chairs, an umbrella, and threw in two free drinks. I have since read that a place called Pedro's has good ribs, beer, and soft drinks.

We really enjoyed the Victory I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

John

It's actually a drink called a Ceasar...

It is vodka mixed with Mott's Clamto Juice,

Here is how you make it.

take a glass, rim the glass with a fresh lime, and Clamato Rim mix ( basically celery salt ) add ice and the following..

• 4 oz Motts* Clamato* Juice

• 1 oz. vodka

• Celery stalk

• 2 tsp. Lime juice

• pepper to taste

• salt to taste

• 1 Dash Tabasco sauce

• 2 Dashes Worcestershire sauce

YUMMY !

Lisa,

This post is really getting of the subject of sunnydaze's caesars. Yes, nosnobunny we are Canadians!!! from La Belle Province, Quebec.

Lisa, I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise. My kids are a little too old for that now so I don't have an excuse to book one. But on the other hand I guess you are never to old to love Disney.

Say hi to Goofy for me, he is my favorite.

Enjoy!!

Barb

Archived