Clamato juice on the Pride?

sunnydaze

I bring Clamato juice on every vacation. If flying I bring the little cans, if by car, the bottles....I also have a ziplock bag with worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, clamato rimmer and black pepper because even the extra spicy Clamato juice is not spicy enough for me.

I have found Clamato juice in the U.S. in the past, in border states but to be honest, it tasted different somehow...I think a little thicker.

FYI....Here's a little bit of history on the Bloody Caesar and Clamato juice

"Canada's # 1 cocktail is the Bloody Caesar. The drink was created in 1969 by a bartender, Walter Salin Chell, to celebrate the opening of a new restaurant in Calgary. He took his inspiration from the well-known Bloody Mary, replaced the tomato juice with Mott's Clamato Juice and added a celery stalk. Chell's masterpiece became a Canadian phenomenon. Each year about 250 million Bloody Caesars are served. Since for each cocktail about 1,5 oz (4,5 cl) vodka is needed, this amounts to over 10 million litres of vodka. But wait ... what about Clamato Juice? Yes, not less than 40 million litres of this stuff goes into Canadian Bloody Caesars each year, which amounts to about 70%-80% of the total production. Except for a few pockets elsewhere, nobody in the world has even heard of Clamato Juice. Clamato Juice is a blend of tomatoes and clams, invented by an American called Duffy Mott in 1962. Other companies produce a tomato-clam beverage also, but Mott's registered the name. As a result, it dominates the market. Hardly anyone drinks Clamato Juice "neat". What doesn't go into Bloody Caesars is mostly used to mix with beer, a specialty called Red Eye in Alberta (also known as Red Beer in Mexico, the only other place where people like to mix beer with a tomato-clam beverage)."

Lisa,

This post is really getting of the subject of sunnydaze's caesars. Yes, nosnobunny we are Canadians!!! from La Belle Province, Quebec.

Lisa, I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise. My kids are a little too old for that now so I don't have an excuse to book one. But on the other hand I guess you are never to old to love Disney.

Say hi to Goofy for me, he is my favorite.

Enjoy!!

Barb

Or you can do what we did last spring......wait until you have grandkids. Leave Mom and Dad at home (they have too many rules anyway ;) ) and book a cruise with the kids.

Beth

Archived