Just in from USA Today...Princess has the best pizza

CruisinChris

I'll add my 2 cents--love the Margherita pizza from Pregos. It is the best!

Our last two cruises were on HAL (their pizza is the absolute worst!!!:()--we really missed eating pizza while hanging out on deck. Can't wait to enjoy a slice (or two) on our upcoming cruise on the Emerald!

We were on the Star for 15 days 1/13/15 and the pizza was the worse I've ever had anywhere! It was fresh out of the oven and had a mixture of veggies on top and pepperoni. The crust was gooey except for the crust going around the pizza. I scraped off the topping and ate that and threw the rest away. I like a thicker crust and the bottom crusty as well. Princess pizza didn't cut it for me.

Edited by elliair

We were on the Star for 15 days 1/13/15 and the pizza was the worse I've ever had anywhere! It was fresh out of the oven and had a mixture of veggies on top and pepperoni. The crust was gooey except for the crust going around the pizza. I scraped off the topping and ate that and threw the rest away. I like a thicker crust and the bottom crusty as well. Princess pizza didn't cut it for me.

Its not the pizza itself but the person who prepares it. I think yours was not in the oven long enough. I always check the crust first & ask to have mine cooked longer as I like a crust bottom also. Lido deck only makes thin crust, if you want a personal made one go to Alfredo`s where you also get your choice of cheese.

I ate in Alfredo's on the Regal on embarkation day. I had the place to myself for about 20 minutes, and then just a few more tables were seated. The quiet was a nice way to start a cruise, and the service was attentive.

However, although the salad was great, the pizza there was just meh. The Lido deck pizza, on the other hand, is terrific!

Everybody has their opinion on food. Some of which is based on the development of their palate and some on just simply what one likes and does not like. Then there is the eternal argument on pizza. I have had people swear by Pizza Hut/Papa Johns and that ilk who use almost all artificial ingredients. From there we go up in quality and taste.

I like the pizza and on our last 14 day sail we had a slice of pizza every afternoon on our balcony as we sipped our wine we had brought aboard watching the sun set. Indeed we were living the good life.

On one trip I decided to have one of the veggie burgers that many people have negatively commented about. They were all right- it was terrible. Most of it went into the garbage can.

I'm not a veterinarian but I still wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I'll stick to the beef, thank you.:)

I have found veggie burgers are not bad if you sandwich it between 2 beef patties.

Everybody has their opinion on food. Some of which is based on the development of their palate and some on just simply what one likes and does not like. Then there is the eternal argument on pizza. I have had people swear by Pizza Hut/Papa Johns and that ilk who use almost all artificial ingredients. From there we go up in quality and taste.

I like the pizza and on our last 14 day sail we had a slice of pizza every afternoon on our balcony as we sipped our wine we had brought aboard watching the sun set. Indeed we were living the good life.

Well said, I think we can all agree that Princess does have one o the best pizza`s.

I'M like some of the others. I don't think the pizza on any ship is great. It is one of the last things I would grade a ship on. I do get pizza sometimes for a late night snack in the cabin. But it is never in place of a meal.

I use to take business trips to Chicago. I was spoiled by the pizza since I ate the Chicago at Giordanios filled pizza. Wow, that is a meal.

Edited by AZbeachboy