Carnival Sunshine 1/17/15

I just returned from our western Caribbean cruise on board the Carnival Sunshine that departed Port Canaveral on 1/17/15. My wife and I stayed with our 2 children in room 7246. We were a party of 13 in 5 rooms. We were 4 generations with the youngest being 7 months old and the oldest, my grandpa, is 94 years old.

We had the best vacation! It was absolutely amazing. Made, our room steward, and his helper Teetee, her nickname, were unbelievable. They made us feel like royalty every day. I would book a cruise on the Sunshine again just to have Made as our Room Steward. We dined at your time dining on deck 3. Our waitress, Anna, was life changing. I used to be a waiter/server for years and until this trip have always considered myself the best server. The service we received from Anna surpassed any service any of us have ever received anywhere we have lived or travelled in the world. I would cruise on the Sunshine again just to sit in Anna's section. Jaime Dee is amazing! So energetic and friendly. We need more cruise directors like her. The comedians were hilarious. Epic Rock was amazing! Bonsai is delicious. Get a boat for 2. The punchliner would be much better without George Lopez. He is not relevant as a comedian. He is not funny, and the taped introduction is horrible!! We went to multiple comedy shows every day and that annoying intro is almost enough to ruin the whole show. It is really bad. Our 8 year old had a blast. Camp could definitely have more interactive activities and less video gaming. Kids get enough video gaming on land. I think parents would really appreciate their kids getting a break from all that screen time. Water works is awesome. Even for me, 33 years old, and my brothers had a blast. Sky course is great! The waiters and waitresses at the alchemy bar were condescending and pretentious. Martini flight tasting should be available everyday. We never got to do that and we really wanted to. Limelight bartenders and servers were the best. Taste bar was not open enough. My parents usually cruise with Norwegian and this was my family's first cruise with Carnival.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! My family will soon sail on the Sunshine in a cabin for 3 (also on Deck 7) and I am wondering about the sofa-bed sleeping configuration. Does it "pull out" like a sleeper-sofa, or do the cushions simply "flip over" for sleeping? Did you happen to take pictures of your sofa-bed? Thank you!