Priority Boarding in SF

CruiseChemy

We'll be using new terminal in August. Researching on the CC boards this is what I found:

Being Elite won’t get you ahead of line. All passengers are in one line until they pass thru Security/X-Ray. On very sunny or rainy days, standing outside to get into Terminal can be chaos. Terminal opens when Captain gives the all clear… usually about 11:30pm.

There is no waiting room or restrooms on ground level, just a lobby where your ID is checked. After going up escalator or elevator, you immediately enter into security lines. Once cleared thru Security & Alcohol inspection, you enter check-in area, fill out health forms & get in proper check-in lines… Preferred, Suites, Elite, platinum or regular check-in.

After getting your keycard you’ll be directed to seating/waiting areas. Boarding usually begins about 11:45pm or 12 noon. Elites/suites first, then Preferred, then regular boarding (designated by numbers given out as you exit check-in lines).

Edited by Sandy R

This is great info; thanks! I have a somewhat related question about priority check-in and boarding. I have Platinum status, and I'm traveling with my sister and her husband who did their own booking, and they are Ruby so I don't think they have any priority for check-in. Would it work for them to check in with me in the Platinum line? Does Princess check that carefully?

This is great info; thanks! I have a somewhat related question about priority check-in and boarding. I have Platinum status, and I'm traveling with my sister and her husband who did their own booking, and they are Ruby so I don't think they have any priority for check-in. Would it work for them to check in with me in the Platinum line? Does Princess check that carefully?

They should be able to check in with you, but if you do this before boarding starts, they cannot be in the Platinum boarding group if you choose to be in that area.

We too are Platinum and travel with friends who are Ruby as well. On our last cruise (out of Los Angeles) they were NOT allowed to go with us. We could stay with them, but not the other way around. It depends on the port and the person looking at your cruise cards. It was just a matter of a few extra minutes as boarding started right away for us.

Good luck!

We too are Platinum and travel with friends who are Ruby as well. On our last cruise (out of Los Angeles) they were NOT allowed to go with us. We could stay with them, but not the other way around.

Not allowed to check-in with you or just not allowed to board with you?