New Inside Virtual Balcony Rooms?

mompells

Agree they should remove the extra chair but I did like it. Just didn't like the extra money for it:D

They had placed mirrors around the room that reflected the light from the 'window' so the room seemed more open and airy than without it....I have posted several pics of it. Just do a search for Virtual and you'll get them. It stays lit a little during the night but did not bother us, just enough to navigate to the toity, and it does have a set of drapes you can pull also.

I kind of liked the sounds, I actually fell asleep to the sounds of the harbor before we left on boarding day...and again the sound of the wake.

But it is my feeling that this new gimmick will gradually fade away......

Edited by BecciBoo

As with anything else, everyone has a different opinion. We will be in one on our upcoming Europe cruise on the Vision. Our friends were in one recently, and, the size of the room is just as big as many cabins with balcony's at around 191 square feet. So, until you're in one, including me and my wife, I cannot give an honest opinion, except to say, that the poster above can't make a blanket statement that the cabin is tiny, or the balcony in a weird spot, and anything else. Says who??

I have seen various cabins of this style, I think they are fun.

Are they worth it, well that depends on if there is a cost difference, on some ships. On The Quantum, all inside cabins I saw had the feature, so not really a extra cost issue.

They do help to get an idea of the outside weather, prior to venturing out of the cabin on port days.

We sailed the Navigator back in September and had a Virtual Balcony. We didn’t pay extra… it was just in the room we chose. Good things - you could see what the weather was like in port before leaving your room and it was like a “night light” to navigate the room. There is a remote control so you can adjust the sound to your liking. You can also turn the picture off if you like. There are curtains that can be pulled to block the light at night and that is what we did. (My wife does not like ANY light when she is sleeping.) Overall impression was it’s a neat idea although I would not pay extra to have one. The picture “froze” on ours a few time (almost always in port). They basically are a huge TV turned on its side. I think if they take a lot of repairs that they will be removing them one by one and not replace them. They are really like anything else - to each his own! Some will love them and some will hate them!

Happy cruising whichever room you choose!

We sailed the Navigator back in September and had a Virtual Balcony. We didn’t pay extra… it was just in the room we chose. Good things - you could see what the weather was like in port before leaving your room and it was like a “night light” to navigate the room. There is a remote control so you can adjust the sound to your liking. You can also turn the picture off if you like. There are curtains that can be pulled to block the light at night and that is what we did. (My wife does not like ANY light when she is sleeping.) Overall impression was it’s a neat idea although I would not pay extra to have one. The picture “froze” on ours a few time (almost always in port). They basically are a huge TV turned on its side. I think if they take a lot of repairs that they will be removing them one by one and not replace them. They are really like anything else - to each his own! Some will love them and some will hate them!

Happy cruising whichever room you choose!

are these cabins what they call the panorama ones?

We saw one when we sailed on Quantum in November and I was impressed. I didn't notice it being significantly smaller than some of the other staterooms we viewed. If I had to sail in an inside stateroom, I would much prefer one with a virtual balcony (depending of course on the premium that they might be charging). We have occasionally sailed in inside rooms and would much prefer one where we had some idea about outside conditions.