Which Itinerary Did You Choose and WHY?

mrsnowka

We're also going on the 6 day out of MIA booked in a Havana aft extended balcony but right after Thanksgiving in 2016 on November 27. We got 2 balconies side by side. The price was right for that time of year plus will give me a few holiday paid days off of work the week before in order to get to Miami before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are on the 18th Aug from Barcelona b2b with the 26th.

As the cruise is so port intensive we can spread it out and have more time on the ship. We haven't been to any of the ports previously.

This is only our third cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 day May 24th out of Athens because it had Athens and Izmir and they are both on my bucket list.

We did Barcelona, Marseille, Rome and Naples in 2013 and we are excited about being able to do what we missed in those cities. We missed Florence due to high winds so we are excited about getting there. And we spent 3 days in Barcelona in 2013 and fell in love with that city so we plan to spend a day or two there on the back end.

It doesn't hurt that I with weekends and Memorial Day I get 5 "free" days and only have to take 9 vacation days ;)

If anyone is a first timer and I can help with any of the cities we have already visited I will be happy to share our experiences.

What would you recommend in Marseille??

What would you recommend in Marseille??

The last time we just took a cab to the Old Port and plan to do the same in 2016. From there you can do several things. There is a ferry to Chateau d'If and there is also Le Petit Train which will take you to Notre Dame de la Garde. We went on the Petit Train last time and the views from the cathedral were spectacular. It is a beautiful cathedral and there are lovely grounds around it.

There is a lot of shopping in the Old Port as well - notably the 2 story candy shop (Le Cure Gourmande) and a fabulous little handmade soap shop! I plan on bringing a lot more money with me this time to take full advantage - those soaps were fabulous and the choices in the candy shop were overwhelming!

There are also many outdoor cafes to enjoy a nice lunch along the waterfront and we even had some street performers. And of course, there is McDonald's where my teenage sons HAD to go so they could order a "McRoyale" :D

Edited by BaseballMomof4