Which Itinerary Did You Choose and WHY?

mrsnowka

Booked the nov 7 NYC cruise . Love cruising from ports we can drive to

We'll be cruising with you. Normally, we drive to Galveston, TX for our cruises, but we couldn't pass this one up. Plus it will give me a chance to go "home" and see family - or what's left. I haven't been back to NYC since '98.

We booked the repositioning cruise on 11/18/16 from NYC to Miami. Great ports, cruise over Thanksgiving plus a 11 night cruise but only need 6 vacation days! Can't ask for more.

We booked this one, too! My friend and I plan to spend a few days in NYC prior to sailing. And then 11 nights on a cruise, with 6 days at sea and 3 ports I have never been. All I can say is..... Can't. Wait.

We booked this one, too! My friend and I plan to spend a few days in NYC prior to sailing. And then 11 nights on a cruise, with 6 days at sea and 3 ports I have never been. All I can say is..... Can't. Wait.

Come join the roll call! We have a lot of fun things planned :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166599

A TA is on my bucket list, but that will have to wait until I have more time off available at my job, and my husband's as well.

So for now, we really wanted to try the new ship and enjoy cruising in January because of our anniversary.

So when they did a sale offering OBC and a guarantee rate, the ports weren't as important to us as trying the new ship was. We are already doing the 8 day Southern on the Breeze this coming winter, so ports really were secondary in this decision making.

We choose the Western route this time, should be fun to go back to the western side!

We chose the Eastern Caribbean in December 2016 since we love St. Maarten. We also booked our first suite! :D

Carnival Breeze - May 2014

Carnival Magic - March 2012

Carnival Conquest - February 2009

Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas - December 2007

Royal Caribbean - Grandeur of the Seas - December 2005

Carnival Celebration - May 2003

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=mjrcruiser&date=12-17-2016&text=&ship=Carnival Vista

Edited by mjrcruiser

We are booked for the Med in 2016 but reading about all the Caribbean itineraries has me just a little bit excited! :D

I think I will book a Caribbean cruise while on the Med cruise....now I just have to check out the itineraries!

Join our repo cruise November 18th! We have a great roll call :)

I picked the Athens to Barcelona 10 day cruise in October. I was debating which itinerary to choose, but I personally didn't like the overnight stay on a cruise ship in Athens. The ports outside of the town a little bit, Malta isn't on it, and historically flights to Athens are cheaper then from Athens so that may be a bit of savings that can pay for the hotel in itself.

The one draw back is I can't end my European vacation in Dubrovnik and/or Istanbul as easily.

I like the 12 day itinerary in August but it's too hot! I live in Florida and vacationing in the heat does not sound appealing.

Regardless of the itinerary or for whatever reason(s) we chose that itinerary, were still all gonna have great cruises on a new ship that is sailing the Mediterranean!

After much debating we booked the B2B beginning in Athens and Ending with the TA in NYC....have not done a TA before and we wanted to do that so we decided to add on the Athens/Barcelona cruise ahead of it....should be a huge trip....

After much debating we booked the B2B beginning in Athens and Ending with the TA in NYC....have not done a TA before and we wanted to do that so we decided to add on the Athens/Barcelona cruise ahead of it....should be a huge trip....

Im on the same Athens to Barcelona cruise as you. I hate that its so far away! Ive been trying not to look at days until we sail but I just saw yours says 560 days which makes me so excited but also sad I have to wait that long! Oh well I'll enjoy my cruises before then. See you on The Vista!

8 days Europe from Barcelona, Spain! :)

I really wanted the June 21 cruise (10 day Athens to Barcelona). But the airfare scared off DH.

At least we were able to book the next cruise, July 1, 2016. Super excited! 459 days to go! :D

Edited by aquarianne11

8 days Europe from Barcelona, Spain! :)

I really wanted the June 21 cruise (10 day Athens to Barcelona). But the airfare scared off DH.

At least we were able to book the next cruise, July 1, 2016. Super excited! 459 days to go! :D

What about the airfare scared your DH? It's not really much more to fly open-jaw than RT.

What about the airfare scared your DH? It's not really much more to fly open-jaw than RT.

I know, you're right. *sigh*

I could have pushed a little bit more or wait until we can see the airfare prices for June 2016... but we have a big trip to Asia coming up this summer so want to book the cruise ASAP before he change his mind and say that we can't afford to go to Europe next summer. :(

We'll save Greece and Turkey for another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have been to both Crete and Malta, which would you say is a must see city?

I, too, need to pick between the two 10 day Vista Med itineraries. I am very flexible with dates. The only choice, it seems, is to decide which city (Crete or Malta) I should go to, then pick a cruise date for that itinerary. I need to check out the dates that arent, literally, the hottest times in the summer.

I was in Rome once in August and swore, after sweating profusely and paying 8 USD for a small bottle of water, never again (well, never again to the sweating profusely part at least). The overcharge for water in a tourist area was my own fault.

I am stuck between the Oct 1 and Oct 11 sailing...the main difference is visiting Crete or Malta... What would you choose? Which sailing did you pick for Carnival Vista?

We chose the Oct first mainly because the room we wanted were available.

I know, you're right. *sigh*

I could have pushed a little bit more or wait until we can see the airfare prices for June 2016... but we have a big trip to Asia coming up this summer so want to book the cruise ASAP before he change his mind and say that we can't afford to go to Europe next summer. :(

We'll save Greece and Turkey for another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found when i got the quotes as two separate trips it was much much more expensive than when I put it in a multi city flight.

I found when i got the quotes as two separate trips it was much much more expensive than when I put it in a multi city flight.

Thanks for the info. We'll definitely check it out.

Currently booked on the July 1st cruise. 8 days Europe from Barcelona, Spain. But we can still change the dates depending of the airfare/hotel prices/schedule.

I know it is still more than a year to go but I'm really really excited! :D

Thanks for the info. We'll definitely check it out.

Currently booked on the July 1st cruise. 8 days Europe from Barcelona, Spain. But we can still change the dates depending of the airfare/hotel prices/schedule.

I know it is still more than a year to go but I'm really really excited! :D

I did a quick search for you on Kayak using JFK>ATH, BCN>JFK (dummy dates about 6 months out) and the least expensive flight came back at $999 on Brussels Airlines. Looks like you can stay within your budget pretty well using the multi-city function. Just wish I lived somewhere we could get such inexpensive airfare! Just some thoughts to help with your ultimate decision.

I did a quick search for you on Kayak using JFK>ATH, BCN>JFK (dummy dates about 6 months out) and the least expensive flight came back at $999 on Brussels Airlines. Looks like you can stay within your budget pretty well using the multi-city function. Just wish I lived somewhere we could get such inexpensive airfare! Just some thoughts to help with your ultimate decision.

We usually have to drive down to Miami to get the better fares. We are closest to Fort Myers but those fares are usually quite a bit higher.

Are you too far from Atlanta to fly out of there?

We usually have to drive down to Miami to get the better fares. We are closest to Fort Myers but those fares are usually quite a bit higher.

Are you too far from Atlanta to fly out of there?

We're about 4 1/2 hours from ATL. Surprisingly with the Delta monopoly the prices are very similar and there is no tangible savings when you add in the cost of gas, long-term parking and possibly hotel stay needed.

Thank you so much!

I have been checking for June/July 2015, so the prices are definitely a little bit higher.

We're about 4 1/2 hours from ATL. Surprisingly with the Delta monopoly the prices are very similar and there is no tangible savings when you add in the cost of gas, long-term parking and possibly hotel stay needed.

We are about 3 hours from Miami, but the cost to store the car is fairly cheap at the off property sites, I think it cost me around $60 last time for 10 days. The flights are anywhere from $200-$300 less than from Ft. Myers so it pays for me to make the drive.