To book or not to book, that is the ?

Jazmayra's Grandma

We are in Cozumel Saturday February 14th. First time on the Elation and Cozumel. There are so many mixed reviews on booking or not booking a port excursion.

I am traveling with my 2 daughters and a niece (in their 20's) and my 6 yo . I have considered between the All Inclusive Chankanaab Park Beach Day and My first pick the All inclusive Passion Island by Catamaran, however I don't know if using up almost 2 hours to go back and forth is worth the time and money.

So to all you seasoned cruisers who have been to Cozumel on a short cruise, what do you all recommend?

Thank you!!!

Coz is easy to do without going through the cruise lines. Find a beach club with the amenities you like (Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos sound like good fits for your crew to me), grab a taxi from the line outside of your pier and enjoy the day. Cabs are fairly well regulated (something I cannot say about Philadelphia! :mad:) and the fares will be posted - should be about $20+tip for the 5 of your in one cab to either spot suggested above.

Be sure to remember/write down the name of your pier - there are three cruise ship piers in Coz and you want the cab driver on the return trip to bring you to the correct one. ;)

Enjoy your day in Coz! :)

I personally don't feel that Passion Island is worth the cost using the cruise line. They give you like 4 hours and that includes travel time. The place is pretty, just not enough time there.

I have a list in my signature line of all the places I have been in Cozumel with tons of pictures in them if you are interested in in to some of them.

I loved passion island but I felt rushed. As soon as we got there and ate it seemed like we were turning around and going back. Not much beach time.

Personally, if you are interested in Chankanaab, you should do it on your own without booking through the cruise ship. You can catch a cab there, its $21 to get in at the gate (I think $15 for kids), and you can just buy your own food and drinks. They have a few different restaurants there. Also, if you sit out on the beach a waiter from one of the restaurants will come take your order.