Beverage Package Question

mom3x

I just changed my wife and I from the Ultimate to the Premium package and will wait to get onboard to see exactly what the RCCl coffee shops versus the onboard Starbucks and will decide then whether to upgrade or not. We really love Starbucks so I figured for the $6 difference we can get at least 1 drink per day from there. However we may find that the RCCL coffee shops are comparable. But if we do upgrade how do they charge the difference? I assume it will be on our seapass account versus the credit card I just paid with.

I just changed my wife and I from the Ultimate to the Premium package and will wait to get onboard to see exactly what the RCCl coffee shops versus the onboard Starbucks and will decide then whether to upgrade or not. We really love Starbucks so I figured for the $6 difference we can get at least 1 drink per day from there. However we may find that the RCCL coffee shops are comparable. But if we do upgrade how do they charge the difference? I assume it will be on our seapass account versus the credit card I just paid with.

Yes, if you upgrade, you will only have to pay the difference.

If a cruise ends on a Sunday, do we have to pay for Sunday in our package? Thanks!

Don't know about alcoholic drinks, but people have reported being able to use the Freestyle soda machines on the day of disembarkation.

You pay for the number of nights on the cruise, and we've gotten our lattes and mochas with Replenish on the last morning.

sailor05, we found the non-branded espresso places to be just fine! It's likely going to be Starbucks or Seattle's Best brand espresso anyway. But it does sound like a fun little taste test, to get one from each and compare.

Hello,

We leave for our first cruise on 3/23...Liberty of the Seas 5-day Western Caribbean. Have been looking at drink packages and pictures of menus and my head is spinning.

A few questions --

1. We were thinking a package might make sense for the days we are at sea. For the days in Labadee and Ocho Rios, not so much. Can we purchase packages just for the "at sea" days?

2. What can we get with no package at all? I assume ice water can be obtained for free? Sodas with meals?

3. I need (yes...NEED) morning coffee. Where do we go for the free stuff, and is it any good? Is there a Starbucks on Liberty of the Seas?

Thanks for your help....sorry for the newbie questions. :D

Hello,

We leave for our first cruise on 3/23...Liberty of the Seas 5-day Western Caribbean. Have been looking at drink packages and pictures of menus and my head is spinning.

A few questions --

1. We were thinking a package might make sense for the days we are at sea. For the days in Labadee and Ocho Rios, not so much. Can we purchase packages just for the "at sea" days? No, the package must be purchased for either all 5 days, or the last 4 days. If you want to purchase for the last 4 days, you must do that onboard.

2. What can we get with no package at all? I assume ice water can be obtained for free? Sodas with meals? No sodas are free. Free drinks are tap water, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, hot tea, milk, and juices at breakfast.

3. I need (yes...NEED) morning coffee. Where do we go for the free stuff, and is it any good? Is there a Starbucks on Liberty of the Seas? No Starbucks branded venue. Cafe Promenade has regular coffee for free, and specialty coffees that may use Starbuck's beans, for extra cost.

Thanks for your help....sorry for the newbie questions. :D

Answers in RED above.

Edited by clarea

I am just wondering, is there a limit to how many drinks per day you can have with the premium package?

No, there is no limit on the number of drinks you can have in a day on any of the packages. Of course, if anyone is visibly belligerent the bartenders have the right to cut them off.

2. What can we get with no package at all? I assume ice water can be obtained for free? Sodas with meals?

You can buy whatever you want without the package. It's not package or ONLY the free items. Buy the booze, buy the smoothies, buy the lattes, buy the Pellegrino or the Evian...no package needed. Just making sure that's understood, because the question almost seemed like maybe that wasn't known.

You can buy whatever you want without the package. It's not package or ONLY the free items. Buy the booze, buy the smoothies, buy the lattes, buy the Pellegrino or the Evian...no package needed. Just making sure that's understood, because the question almost seemed like maybe that wasn't known.

Thank you. I did understand that....was just wanting to know what I can get without having to pay extra $$. I realize I worded it poorly. :) Thanks for your help. :D

• 4 weeks later...
This may sound like a silly question but I can't find anywhere in the ultimate package stating I can get spirits and mixers but I take it these are all included ie gin/rum etc.....:confused:

yup...there is very little that you can't get with the Ultimate package except a cup of coffee with Baileys after dinner. Seems they don't have Bailey's in the dining room?

yup...there is very little that you can't get with the Ultimate package except a cup of coffee with Baileys after dinner. Seems they don't have Bailey's in the dining room?

Oh really? I take it you can get Baileys elsewhere on the ship though??

Oh really? I take it you can get Baileys elsewhere on the ship though??

You can get the Bailey's at almost every bar, but then the coffee becomes the problem. I just started getting a glass of Bailey's prior to dinner using my drink pkg and took it into the MDR with me to pour into my coffee. Problem solved, but shouldn't have been so difficult.