NCL Magic Kingdom Excursion

crimmper

WE have done this excursion to the Magic Kingdom once before. But the difference was that we docked at noon. We were in the park for about 6hrs. We already knew the lay of the land so it was not a problem.

That being said, being that the Gem will dock in Port Canaveral on April 27th at 7 am and leave at 9:30 pm, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to book this excusrsion again thinking we would have more time in the park.

WRONG. When I looked at the time allotted for this excursion it said 8hrs. So, the DW called NCL to inquire. She was told that ,yes, it is an 8hr excursion, which also includes the 1hr bus ride each way. So at most it would again be 6 hrs in the park

Seems kind of odd that NCL would put time constraints on this excursion and other 8hr excursions when the Gem will be tied up at Port Canaveral for about 14hrs .

Or is it Disney putting the time restraints on cruise ship excursions? (get you in, get you out)

Or is it the bus company. Or is it a combination of all 3.

Thanks in advance to those that reply.

Why not skip the ship's excursion, rent a car or book your own tranportation, and take advantage of the extra hours?

We rented a car last year on a PC stop and were at Universal 30 minutes before the cruise bus arrived.

Edited by JohninDC

Why not skip the ship's excursion, rent a car or book your own tranportation, and take advantage of the extra hours?

We rented a car last year on a PC stop and were at Universal 30 minutes before the cruise bus arrived.

I was thinking of that also. But it looks like the majority of the rental companies in Cape Canaveral (just off A1A) close at 5:30 or 6 pm.

I have read here that some rental car companies have drop boxes. I have tried to do a mock reservation with Hertz and if I request a time after 5:30 it auto-fills the return date to the following day.

My other worry about a car rental is that there will be 4 ships in PC. One of them being the Aircraft Carrier Quantum of the Seas. They dock at 6:30 am. The Gem & Enchantment of the Seas both come into PC at 7am and last but not least Disney Dream at 7:30am. According to CruiseTT there will be a Port Load of about 13,000. :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the reply

Just to chime in on one of your questions......I truly doubt that Disney is putting any kind of time restraint on the tour. The more time in the parks, the more money for them. I LOVE Disney World, and we go every year, but they are about the money, so that's not it. :)

Just to chime in on one of your questions......I truly doubt that Disney is putting any kind of time restraint on the tour. The more time in the parks, the more money for them. I LOVE Disney World, and we go every year, but they are about the money, so that's not it. :)

You have a point. :)