Escape Angled Balconies

On the angled balconies you have the same view. On one end of the balcony the divider is exactly the same as on any other balcony. No difference in height, width, thickness, color, shape, or anything else. On the other end (the extended end) the only difference is that the divider is longer (giving you the angle). There is absolutely no difference in the view on the standard end. On the extended end, the view is only different if you sit in a chair right next to the sliding door back into the cabin. If you sit near the balcony glass wall it is the exact same view. In all reality, any perceived difference in the view is far out weighed by the additional space. You will be able to see just fine.

Nope. Because of the angle of the railing, you cannot comfortably view the front of the ship.

Imagine if you were in the balcony to the left of you. They had even less of a forward view because the "bump out" blocks them. You had the ability to look forward along the outermost part of the ship.

Think of it this way....

Those to the left of you had limited view forward. Those to the right of you had less of an aft view than you did. You had a view aft and a view forward.

Those to the right of me had the best view.

Nope. Because of the angle of the railing, you cannot comfortably view the front of the ship.

You are incorrect. It’s been explained to you why logically it’s incorrect. I suppose someone is going to have to draw you a diagram.

No need. I was in the angled balcony last week. No view of front of the ship as I have already explained.

I’ve been in them several times. I’m surprised yours had a different partition than the rest of the cabins. (It really doesn’t, but think what you want).

To be fair, I asked about the forward view, so I think that's what the comments were about. I wasn't really concerned, just curious!

The angled balcony in question (9300) is aft-facing. In order to see forward towards the front of the ship, a person would have to be at the right of the balcony and extend their neck out and turn to the right. If someone was in 9298, that person would also have to extend their neck out and turn to the right. A person in 9302 would not be able to extend their neck out to see what the people in 9300 and 9298 could see. In that aspect, 9300 and 9298 can see the same forward view although 9298 would have more space (the entire railing) to do so. I believe that is what people mean by "the same view".

Looking aft, 9300 has the advantage of being able to see aft while sitting which neither 9298 nor 9302 can do.

Another advantage is that the balcony on 9300 is larger than the balcony on 9298 and 9302.

It appears you got your answer but we have been on the Getaway 3 times and the Escape and we always get room 13870 which is an angled balcony and there is plenty of room for three of us and we enjoy the angle to look down the side of the ship also.

The angled balcony in question (9300) is aft-facing. In order to see forward towards the front of the ship, a person would have to be at the right of the balcony and extend their neck out and turn to the right. If someone was in 9298, that person would also have to extend their neck out and turn to the right. A person in 9302 would not be able to extend their neck out to see what the people in 9300 and 9298 could see. In that aspect, 9300 and 9298 can see the same forward view although 9298 would have more space (the entire railing) to do so. I believe that is what people mean by "the same view".

Looking aft, 9300 has the advantage of being able to see aft while sitting which neither 9298 nor 9302 can do.

Another advantage is that the balcony on 9300 is larger than the balcony on 9298 and 9302.

Applaud to you! You get it. As you stated, not all angled balconies are created equal. My aft facing balcony had different views vs and fwd facing. My key word in all of this is “COMFORTABLY”.

Applaud to you! You get it. As you stated, not all angled balconies are created equal. My aft facing balcony had different views vs and fwd facing. My key word in all of this is “COMFORTABLY”.

the difference being, however, that the straight balconies have to lean out to look forward or aft, so the angled gets a better view in one direction and an equal view in the other.

It appears you got your answer but we have been on the Getaway 3 times and the Escape and we always get room 13870 which is an angled balcony and there is plenty of room for three of us and we enjoy the angle to look down the side of the ship also.

We had that cabin also. Loved it!

the difference being, however, that the straight balconies have to lean out to look forward or aft, so the angled gets a better view in one direction and an equal view in the other.

Not comfortably. Imagine yourself enjoying a cup of coffee (or cocktail) in a regular balcony up against the railing. You can turn your head left or right. Now imaging standing in an angled balcony. Your body is at a NW angle (in aft facing balcony) Turning your head to face the front of the ship is not comfortable.

Not comfortably. Imagine yourself enjoying a cup of coffee (or cocktail) in a regular balcony up against the railing. You can turn your head left or right. Now imaging standing in an angled balcony. Your body is at a NW angle (in aft facing balcony) Turning your head to face the front of the ship is not comfortable.

I don't have to imagine, I've done it. The angle is not that sharp. Unless you are at the aft end of the balcony, you still have some view forward. I'd say at least the front half has virtually the same view as a straight balcony. Maybe you have a very short neck :) and the angle (NW) would depend on the direction the bow is facing ;-)

Not comfortably. Imagine yourself enjoying a cup of coffee (or cocktail) in a regular balcony up against the railing. You can turn your head left or right.

It depends on which "regular" balcony you are on. The people in 9302, 9304, etc. wouldn't be able to see forward because 9300, 9298, etc. are blocking the forward view.

Now imaging standing in an angled balcony. Your body is at a NW angle (in aft facing balcony) Turning your head to face the front of the ship is not comfortable.

I think that the conclusion is that none of the balconies have "everything". The angled have advantages but (as you've noted) has a disadvantage in this case. The "looking forward" is better in 9298 but 9300 has a better aft-view and is larger than 9298. The angled can see forward and see what 9298 can see but it is less "real estate" for multiple people to see forward the way that 9298 can.

IMO, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for the same price.

It depends on which "regular" balcony you are on. The people in 9302, 9304, etc. wouldn't be able to see forward because 9300, 9298, etc. are blocking the forward view.

I think that the conclusion is that none of the balconies have "everything". The angled have advantages but (as you've noted) has a disadvantage in this case. The "looking forward" is better in 9298 but 9300 has a better aft-view and is larger than 9298. The angled can see forward and see what 9298 can see but it is less "real estate" for multiple people to see forward the way that 9298 can.

IMO, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for the same price.

Correct. Some people’s assumptions that all views are the same are clearly wrong. 9300 had excellent seating space. I would never book it again. My view of the water was somewhat blocked due to waterfront. Decks 13 and higher would have better views for me.

My view of the water was somewhat blocked due to waterfront. Decks 13 and higher would have better views for me.

No by much. :(

I actually have a picture of 9300, 10296, 11296, 12292, 13292, 14288, 15270 angled-balconies that I took from the H6. Even as you go higher, the Waterfront and the lifeboats (on Escape) block the view directly down to the water. The angle down gets better by going higher but seeing a dolphin swimming along the side of the ship is unlikely.

No by much. :(

I actually have a picture of 9300, 10296, 11296, 12292, 13292, 14288, 15270 angled-balconies that I took from the H6. Even as you go higher, the Waterfront and the lifeboats (on Escape) block the view directly down to the water. The angle down gets better by going higher but seeing a dolphin swimming along the side of the ship is unlikely.

Best bet is forward angled balcony. 8738/8138 will offer better views of the water while laying on lounge chair.