50th Anniversary ! balcony dividers ? ? ? ?

rascalcrossing

Yep, 21 more days 'til we're on the Magic for our 50th ! ! And we taking the whole famn damily, in three cabins, on the Spa Deck. Now . . . . anyone had experience asking the cabin steward to open one balcony divider, and removing the 2nd divider . . for a whale of a family balcony ? ? ?

This is usually only possible if none of the cabins have interior connecting doors. These doors need to fold back against something and that is a window. So you are golden if the layout of the three cabins is window, door window, door, door window. But if you have two windows in a row...nope you can't fold back one of the partitions. And you probably won't know this until you are on the ship.

I think I'm dead in the water (pun). This is like one of those mind teaser puzzles: If the pattern was window, door, window, door, window, door, then, the two dividers would pivot in front of the windows. But it's more likely that's it's window, door, door, window, window, door . . so one divider would pivot in front of a door. > > > unless it can be removed for the four days. I'm 78, I think I have to sit down and rest my mind !