Typical Flights for Embarking/Debarking in FLL.....

sail7seas

I am flying direct from London to Miami, picking up a rental car, and having 4 night in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise (dropping the car back at FLL)

For those of you with difficult connections, have you tried flying to MIA instead of FLL. Might be easier to have a 1 hour drive when you arrive, rather than taking connecting flights. Having worked at airports I saw how many people came in late, and missed connections, and some of them cruises too.

Flying into Miami from Pittsburgh is no different. Still have to go through either Atlanta or Charlotte.

Over 1/2 of Pittsburgh International Airport has been closed for years. The airport was built for US Airways which at one time had 550 flights a day. Then they dropped down to about 50 a day. No other airline added flights to anywhere. Now that US Airways has been taken over by American Airlines -- even fewer flights.

I know it is a distance but would it be worth going to Philadelphia to get your flights?

I suspect a train is out of the question for luggage reasons if no other.... how long a drive?

Edited by sail7seas

I suspected some go to much effort to arrive at Port Everglades. It's all worth it. :)

No, actually, in my experience (which is apparently vastly different from yours), it isn't always "all worth it". We cancelled our Carib cruise for this season, in part due to the hassle factor of getting there and in part due to a less than stellar couple of cruises we've/I've taken in the last while.

I am flying direct from London to Miami, picking up a rental car, and having 4 night in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise (dropping the car back at FLL)

For those of you with difficult connections, have you tried flying to MIA instead of FLL. Might be easier to have a 1 hour drive when you arrive, rather than taking connecting flights. Having worked at airports I saw how many people came in late, and missed connections, and some of them cruises too.

It is way easier - and quicker - for me to fly non-stop Vancouver to the UK than to fly pretty much anywhere in N. America. We can't even go 3 hours down the coast to San Diego without a layover somewhere.

Edited by Lizzie68

By all means, I carefully evaluate if the getting there and home is worth the destination. It is very rare I would fly more than 3 hours to anywhere were I not staying at least 9-10 days. I am so grateful we did so much travel for so many years and I don't feel the 'need' to go through the hassle just because I haven't been or seen before. I'm at the point where I pick and choose carefully what appeals enough to me....

I suspect I am not the only one here who does something resembling the same. :)

Airlines have made it so miserable and I have a theory that is Just the way they Want it. ;)

By all means, I carefully evaluate if the getting there and home is worth the destination. It is very rare I would fly more than 3 hours to anywhere were I not staying at least 9-10 days. I am so grateful we did so much travel for so many years and I don't feel the 'need' to go through the hassle just because I haven't been or seen before. I'm at the point where I pick and choose carefully what appeals enough to me....

I suspect I am not the only one here who does something resembling the same. :)

Airlines have made it so miserable and I have a theory that is Just the way they Want it. ;)

I saw your weather, and photos from our friends in Northern New England. It looks like you can be miserable at home, too. ;)

Actually, the snow has not made me miserable. :) I am so grateful I kept power, my plow guy came and cleaned my driveway etc and I have ample supplies in the house. I am thankful. :D Could have been so much worse on so very many of us hearty New Englanders.

Now about the long, arduous journey for you to get to Port Everglades..... :D

I know it is a distance but would it be worth going to Philadelphia to get your flights?

I suspect a train is out of the question for luggage reasons if no other.... how long a drive?

It's about a 6 hour drive from PHL to PIT, longer from the airports. Train would be about 9, thanks to freight rails west of Harrisburg.

I can basically get to Boston quicker than Pittsburgh. Which is good since we are in Boston every other month!