Can someone tell me if this is true?

midwestchick

I don't see the difference between paying more and having it go towards a "living wage" or doing part of it through tips and just paying what they ask. You'd pay the same either way.

Tom

Of course he does. He made it clear that he does't believe in enforced American tipping no matter where he goes.

Florida is full of Brits not getting waited on because of their well known refusal to tip " because they don't have to at home" and" the management should pay a decent living wage" and my favorite " I paid a lot of money for my holiday and I'm not paying more.

That waitress had no expectation of a tip from you and probably figured it was a great time to take a break and hope you would just leave, freeing up the table for a paying customer.

Please allow me to say that first off all, my intent was not meant to open up a can of worms, which it seems I may have done. Please accept my apologies for that.

My objection was to indeed find if it was possible to have gratuties removed.

I do understand that not all of us have the same beliefs about tipping. Truly, there is no need to badger anyone as far as how much, how little, or what they tip is necessary.

I did speak with my friend this evening. I felt bad she did not know about the roll call or the meet & mingle. As we all know, there is a lot to learn about cruising and many things come with experience.

I think cruise critic is a great tool to learn information and there is a wealth of information to be found.

With that said, I do hope the hosts will put this thread where it belongs and lock it. Many opinions have been voiced and I have found the answer to my original question.

Let's us not judge one another, but be open to each and everyone's opinions.

Life is good...make the most of it.

Edited by midwestchick