Why doesn't Indy have Freestyle Machines?

PattyW

It seems like such an easy installation and they are such a nice addition and give real added value to the soda card.

I bought each of my three kids a soda card for Freedom last year and they really enjoyed all the options especially the flavored waters poolside and all the sugar free options.

I keep waiting to hear that they are being put into place before our cruise in June, but I guess it's just wishful thinking.

For some reason they have not been installing Freestyle on the ships that have been deployed to US ports even for longer periods of time, including Indy, Liberty, Vision and Navigator.

They are then also sending ships with Freestyle machines around the globe, with Allure deployed in Europe in the summer and then Explorer heading first to Europe and then off to Australia.

Any ship that is not home ported in the U.S year round apparently does not have the freestyle machines, due to the inability to get the necessary products over seas....

In a past job, I have worked on projects supplying equipment for the Freestyle cartridge filling plants. Coke has plants in the US and EU for the freestyle cartridge. Technically there should be no issue getting necessary products for the EU ships.

My guess there is some contract limitations with Coke of where RCL is required to purchase supplies through the US.

For some reason they have not been installing Freestyle on the ships that have been deployed to US ports even for longer periods of time, including Indy, Liberty, Vision and Navigator.

They are then also sending ships with Freestyle machines around the globe, with Allure deployed in Europe in the summer and then Explorer heading first to Europe and then off to Australia.

Freestyle machines have now been installed on Liberty so that would indicate that she is staying US based for a while. Who knows, maybe the Indy is heading back over seas with the new deployment schedule.

Who knows if they will remain on board when the Allure and Explorer head overseas. So far the only ship that has ventured overseas that had them was Oasis and that was for a short period. Even the Allures visit to Europe is relatively short so you could see one thing for the Allure and something different for Explorer.