Connie-anyone recently off and heading out soon?

luv2sail7

I did a search and did not find any threads that contained the Connie's menus for the MDR on their 5 night itineraries.

I'm with a large group in Feb and we want to preview what is offered before boarding as we want to make reservations for Tuscan and are not sure which night.

And we'd prefer not to wait until we board as we are a large group and are trying to coordinate a "special birthday celebration" / evening.

Anyone recently off Connie and can remember and/or suggest which nights had better (or weaker) options in MDR?

Or is someone willing to gather this info and post soon?

Thanks so much!

We will be on Feb.2nd and are staying on board for the Feb. 7th cruise.

Nice! Wish we could do a back to back but can only do a short one in February.

Yes if you wouldn't mind posting your thoughts on the menu or even attaching them, that would be greatly appreciated.

They usually offer discounts on board for the 1st. nite in specialty restaurants.

True - we have done that in the past as well as negotiating sometimes 20pct off on other nights if they are not busy but we are a large group and are trying to plan a special birthday dinner for one of the nights and want to choose a night that has a weaker menu. Most of us like Prime Rib and I believe that is usually offered 1st night? But maybe I'm incorrect - so hoping to get a look at the menus before we depart and possibly make a large reservation - yep, know we have to pre pay but it's a special occasion - 50th birthday cruise - 11 of us!

We will be on Feb.2nd and are staying on board for the Feb. 7th cruise.

That is nice - a back to back. We have never done one but would love too.

This was a last minute plan to just break up the winter a little. We have a big trip plan for the spring but couldn't wait that long for a vacation.

We are really looking forward to it - just had 30+ inches of snow in our town in MA and this is really looking good.

Have a great first half of your cruise...

The prime rib was basically as good as ever. I had the roasted red beet appetizer and the cream of mushroom soup that night, also. They definitely cook for me on Celebrity. Loved it all.

Night two was formal night and had shrimp scampi, rack of lamb and tournedos. I had the chicken liver parfait and the sweet corn soup. Next time I'll try the frogs legs or the salmon tartare for the appetizer.

Night three was the Top Chef dinner. I had the tuna tartare appetizer and Mr. B. had the braised beef short rib appetizer, which he really raved about. Mr. B. had the BBQ chicken and the mac and cheese and he adored that, too. I had veal roast. I did have the tres leches cake for dessert. It was good, but the next night's chocolate cake was better.

Night four I had the butternut squash soup and the roasted beet and citrus salad. My main was phyllo-wrapped braised lamb. Mr. B. had the branzino (and only mentioned about three times that he doesn't know why they couldn't serve it in the Mediterranean). Neither of us had the turkey parmesan, which we sometimes like, just for a change of pace. Mr. B. did have the wedge salad, which he likes a lot, and that's the night for pasta fagioli, if you like that.

Night five I had the vegetarian korma, which I really like. (I also had Asian food every day for lunch.) Mr. B. had short ribs for his main. We both had the crab cake and the bibb lettuce and gorgonzola salad with walnut dressing. A lovely final night's dinner.

This is why we never go to the specialty restaurants! If I had to skip a dinner, I thought it would be the Top Chef night; but Mr. B. loved his chicken and mac and cheese so much, I don't think I can get him out of there that night!

I think you should go right to wherever they have all five nights' menus for the MDR before you make your dinner res. for Qsine -- and I think the one with the Big Birthday should get to pick which MDR dinner to miss!!!

Have a great cruise.

Edited by May B

The prime rib was basically as good as ever. I had the roasted red beet appetizer and the cream of mushroom soup that night, also. They definitely cook for me on Celebrity. Loved it all.

Night two was formal night and had shrimp scampi, rack of lamb and tournedos. I had the chicken liver parfait and the sweet corn soup. Next time I'll try the frogs legs or the salmon tartare for the appetizer.

Night three was the Top Chef dinner. I had the tuna tartare appetizer and Mr. B. had the braised beef short rib appetizer, which he really raved about. Mr. B. had the BBQ chicken and the mac and cheese and he adored that, too. I had veal roast. I did have the tres leches cake for dessert. It was good, but the next night's chocolate cake was better.

Night four I had the butternut squash soup and the roasted beet and citrus salad. My main was phyllo-wrapped braised lamb. Mr. B. had the branzino (and only mentioned about three times that he doesn't know why they couldn't serve it in the Mediterranean). Neither of us had the turkey parmesan, which we sometimes like, just for a change of pace. Mr. B. did have the wedge salad, which he likes a lot, and that's the night for pasta fagioli, if you like that.

Night five I had the vegetarian korma, which I really like. (I also had Asian food every day for lunch.) Mr. B. had short ribs for his main. We both had the crab cake and the bibb lettuce and gorgonzola salad with walnut dressing. A lovely final night's dinner.

This is why we never go to the specialty restaurants! If I had to skip a dinner, I thought it would be the Top Chef night; but Mr. B. loved his chicken and mac and cheese so much, I don't think I can get him out of there that night!

I think you should go right to wherever they have all five nights' menus for the MDR before you make your dinner res. for Qsine -- and I think the one with the Big Birthday should get to pick which MDR dinner to miss!!!

Have a great cruise.

May B - thanks so much for taking the time and providing great details in your post. Glad to hear it's still Prime Rib on first night as that it also one of my favs. I too liked the Top Chef menu from when we were on the Summit last year. But I am traveling with some "newbies" to Celebrity and some of them are picky eaters - argh! So it's going to be hard to please all and I'm hoping they become fans to Celebrity so that we might have more friends join us on future cruises.

I haven't been on the Connie yet but I did not think they have Qsines? I thought it was only Tuscan and Ocean Liners?

Edited by luv2sail7
Spelling

May B - thanks so much for taking the time and providing great details in your post. Glad to hear it's still Prime Rib on first night as that it also one of my favs. I too liked the Top Chef menu from when we were on the Summit last year. But I am traveling with some "newbies" to Celebrity and some of them are picky eaters - argh! So it's going to be hard to please all and I'm hoping they become fans to Celebrity so that we might have more friends join us on future cruises.

I haven't been on the Connie yet but I did not think they have Qsines? I thought it was only Tuscan and Ocean Liners?

That was silly of me! I was getting you confused with me, lol.

In 2008, on our first Celebrity cruise, we went to Ocean Liners and had a very disappointing experience. Therefore, we'd never skip the MDR to go there. You, of course, SHOULD, and you'll most likely have a lovely experience.

On the Equinox, we went to Murano and it was lovely. We're looking forward to Qsine and the Lawn Club Porch in our upcoming Reflection. But it's difficult for us to give up any of the MDR menus.

Your picky eaters should be happy with the left side of the MDR menu, if nothing else. Escargot, onion soup and Caesar salad were all really good. The mains are a steak, a salmon and some kind of chicken, I think. Nice chocolate cake or apple pie, and I believe the creme brûlée is well-liked,too.

I still think the birthday celebrant should have the choice of which night to have the specialty dinner, after consulting all the menus.

I saw that somebody posted about a wonderful experience at Ocean Liners, which is certainly good to hear.

How are they accommodating your group in the MDR?

Be sure to come back afterwards and tell us how it worked out!

Edited by May B

That was silly of me! I was getting you confused with me, lol.

In 2008, on our first Celebrity cruise, we went to Ocean Liners and had a very disappointing experience. Therefore, we'd never skip the MDR to go there. You, of course, SHOULD, and you'll most likely have a lovely experience.

On the Equinox, we went to Murano and it was lovely. We're looking forward to Qsine and the Lawn Club Porch in our upcoming Reflection. But it's difficult for us to give up any of the MDR menus.

Your picky eaters should be happy with the left side of the MDR menu, if nothing else. Escargot, onion soup and Caesar salad were all really good. The mains are a steak, a salmon and some kind of chicken, I think. Nice chocolate cake or apple pie, and I believe the creme brûlée is well-liked,too.

I still think the birthday celebrant should have the choice of which night to have the specialty dinner, after consulting all the menus.

I saw that somebody posted about a wonderful experience at Ocean Liners, which is certainly good to hear.

How are they accommodating your group in the MDR?

Be sure to come back afterwards and tell us how it worked out!

Again thanks so much for all the info.

It's actually my 50th birthday - wish someone else from the group would do the planning, but no such luck.

But that's ok as I just want everyone to have a good time and love cruising as much as I do.

DH says, "just go with it".

I should just be happy and grateful that I have 9 friends cruising with me.m:)

But the planner in me will probably make a res for Tuscan and then Ocean Liners for night 4 and 5 and then the 11 of us have MDR for nights 1 to 3.

I have always chosen My Time Dining but for this cruise, friends chose early dining - 6pm fixed dining.

I checked online and it did not show that we were linked, so sent email to our TA (rhymes with moron - ha ha).

They had previously said we were linked, but when I called Celebrity, they did not show us linked.

So hope TA does get this fixed so we can all eat together.

I don't want to have to work on this once we board.

Would prefer to just kick back, enjoy lunch at Bistro on Five and have some champagne and other adult beverages,

Will report back and thanks again!!! You are too sweet!