real coconut drink

While on my first cruise I want to drink from a REAL coconut, no plastic coconut cups. I will be leaving from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Ports of Call are... Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten. Where can I get a REAL coconut to drink from? I know this sounds silly :p

While on my first cruise I want to drink from a REAL coconut, no plastic coconut cups. I will be leaving from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Ports of Call are... Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten. Where can I get a REAL coconut to drink from? I know this sounds silly :p

Not silly...

We've gotten coconuts in St Thomas, along the water front, there's usually a few that will machette them open and give you a straw. Even better when you are finished and they open them up for you to eat the soft coconut.

I don't recall seeing that in Nassau, but seem to remember in St. Maarten.

We've also gotten them in Cozumel, Belize City, and San Juan.

Thank you! That's what I envisioned. A local with a machete cutting one open and sticking a straw in it. lol Do you know what beach it was on?

The ones we have gotten in St. Thomas was not on a beach- but along the water front next to the main city.

I think we've also gotten them on a run toward the airport, but few will be venturing over there.

I'd be confident in finding them at most beaches, though.

The drink of the day was actually served in a coconut once. It was too cold for a frosty drink, but DW really wanted a fruity drink in a coconut, so there we were. Those days are probably gone due to cost cutting.

Anyway, I don't know if this is exactly what you wanted, but we did get fresh coconut drinks at a juice stand just outside the French market in St. Martin. Literally, the guy whacked it open right in front of us. Can't get much fresher than that.

I think it was outside Place du Marche, but if you want to know the exact location of this place, you could try the ports of call board.