Sun UBP Best Bar Question

RedRover96

We have selected the UBP program for an upcoming cruise in March on the Sun. We are mid-deck 9. We really enjoy having a drink in our cabin before dinner, etc. Even so much last cruise we actually ordered bottles to be delivered to our room. This time no need with the UBP. That brings me to my question, any past Sun cruisers have a recommendation on a bar that isn’t so busy you stand in line 10-15 minutes getting a drink but isn’t such a distance from mid-deck 9 your ice isn’t melted by the time you get back to your cabin? For instance, does the Atrium Café and Bar serve mixed drinks on deck 6, down a couple decks but close to mid-deck elevators or Champs Bar on deck 12.

Thanks,

RedRover96

We have selected the UBP program for an upcoming cruise in March on the Sun. We are mid-deck 9. We really enjoy having a drink in our cabin before dinner, etc. Even so much last cruise we actually ordered bottles to be delivered to our room. This time no need with the UBP. That brings me to my question, any past Sun cruisers have a recommendation on a bar that isn’t so busy you stand in line 10-15 minutes getting a drink but isn’t such a distance from mid-deck 9 your ice isn’t melted by the time you get back to your cabin? For instance, does the Atrium Café and Bar serve mixed drinks on deck 6, down a couple decks but close to mid-deck elevators or Champs Bar on deck 12.

Thanks,

RedRover96

Dazzles, Windjammer, and Atrium bar are probably your best bet... Champs closes early I think... Observation Lounge on 12 also can work too... Mid ship elevators tend to have a longer wait time.

Another Bar to add to cliffd64 recommendation is the SportsBar Pool Deck 11 Portside Aft.

Get your drinks and just around the corner is the Aft Elevator bank -

down to deck 9 and forward to your stateroom with the least amount

of traffic to negotiate - avoid the Atrium Mid ship elevators high traffic.

Edited by don't-use-real-name
correction

The Sports Bar might be good, I'd like to settle down to 1 bar and get to know the bar tenders. Do the bar tenders usually stay at 1 location or do they move them around daily? Also I like the idea of the Observation Lounge Bar for the views if nothing else.

One more quick question without starting a new tread, Cagney's Steakhouse is mentioned everywhere on Sun's website, however don't see it listed for pre-booking??? Is it already booked up 60 days out or can you only book after boarding?

Thanks Again,

RedRover96

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this up...........any recent Sun sailors out there have a bar/bartender recommendation? Not so much for location as for quick, friendly service!

Thanks in advance for your quick, friendly posts.

We were on the Sun in October 2014 on the PC cruise. Loved the Great Outdoors bar and staff............beautiful place at sunset. Service was great!!! No issues; no waiting for service. :)