How to Train your Dragon at Night on Allure?

LuCruise

A very specific question as I'm a planner :D but I cannot find a recent Allure of the Seas cruise compass to see myself.

On a recent compass from Oasis (and even another from early last year), I saw How to Train your Dragon Ice Show had two showings in the evening (7:15pm and 9pm). However, on an older Allure compass, I only saw it in the day.

Anyone know if this plays in the evening on the Allure? Or is it only a daytime show on that ship?

(And yeah, I realize it can change in a year....but just curious)

Edited by LuCruise

Hi,

Make sure you don’t get your ice shows mixed up. Allure has 2 DIFFERENT ice shows. The first one is How to train your dragon. For us on the western Caribbean cruise, that was shown twice on day 4, at 7:15 and 9 PM. You CAN NOT make reservations ahead of time online or anywhere else on the ship for How to train your dragon. Just need to show up early and stand in line to ensure you have a seat.

The second ice show is called “Ice Games”. That one you can reserve ahead of time online.

I am attaching a show time schedule from last year for the Allure, in theory that should be the same for a while until she goes to dry dock and things might change a little after they swap out Chicago but this gives you an idea of the shows.

Allure of the seas showtime.pdf

Hi,

Make sure you don’t get your ice shows mixed up. Allure has 2 DIFFERENT ice shows. The first one is How to train your dragon. For us on the western Caribbean cruise, that was shown twice on day 4, at 7:15 and 9 PM. You CAN NOT make reservations ahead of time online or anywhere else on the ship for How to train your dragon. Just need to show up early and stand in line to ensure you have a seat.

The second ice show is called “Ice Games”. That one you can reserve ahead of time online.

I am attaching a show time schedule from last year for the Allure, in theory that should be the same for a while until she goes to dry dock and things might change a little after they swap out Chicago but this gives you an idea of the shows.

Thank you Harry. I do mean "How to Train your Dragon" (as opposed to Ice Games that you can pre-book).

I guess I should also state that we would be on Allure Eastern Cruise so not sure if this makes a difference in activities / shows offered. I think the sea vs port days are off so imagine they are not the exact same.

I'm just wondering if the show is playing in the evenings since my kids would love this and if it was evening, then I would plan dinner around it and we'd skip the nightly show that you pre-book. If not on our ship, then we'll catch it during the day assuming they are not at the kids club at the time.

PS - The edit button is gone from my original post to add "Eastern" to the title.

Edited by LuCruise

We just got off the Allure Sunday.How to train your dragon was shown twice on the same day around 1:30 pm and the 2nd showing around 3pm.There was no reserved seatings.

No evening showings? Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Edited by LuCruise

I know ! I'm sorry !! don't mind me , hope yu guyz have a safe and fun trip ....i will be parting on da carnival breeze!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

😄..have a great time on Carnival

We were on the Allure Eastern over Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure it was only shown in the afternoon on a Sea day (I am also thinking 1:30ish and then again at 3ish). I don't remember having to plan dinner around it. It is a great show. The kids loved it!!

We were on the Allure Eastern over Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure it was only shown in the afternoon on a Sea day (I am also thinking 1:30ish and then again at 3ish). I don't remember having to plan dinner around it. It is a great show. The kids loved it!!

Great. Thanks for letting me know. Wish it was offerred at night too like I saw on Western itinerary, but either way, we'll make sure we take our kids to it. I love how RCCL has these specific shows and stuff for kids.

When we were on Allure last March the show was during the day on a sea day. I don't remember there being an evening show. We were almost not going to go as it was very nice outside and we didn't care that much about Dreamworks. But I am so glad we took the time to go as the show was really good. There were a lot of empty seats too so I think many people decided to stay outside in the good weather. So whenever they have it, I would recommend that you take the time to go. I don't think you will be disappointed.

On the Allure now and it was Wednesday night this cruise with two shows in the evening.

Cool thanks. Hope you're having an amazing cruise!

Are you on Eastern or Western Caribbean? Not sure if cruise compass is the same on both.

• 2 years later...

Anyone know if the Allure still has the Dragons ice show? Planning cruise # 7 for either 2018 or 2019, and my daughter loves the movies/shows. Also, are there any dragon-themed specific things on the Allure?

Anyone know if the Allure still has the Dragons ice show? Planning cruise # 7 for either 2018 or 2019, and my daughter loves the movies/shows. Also, are there any dragon-themed specific things on the Allure?

Yes, the ice show is still going on. Check out this thread for the entertainment schedule: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494272

Sent from my LGLS991 using Forums mobile app

I thought it was actually better than the main ice show.