Duty free shop on 4 day Calif. Coastal question

ChrissyBTX

I'm going on a B2B, both 4 day cruises, out of San Pedro. 1st port is Catalina, 2nd port is Santa Barbara. Since these ports are not far from the CA coast, do the ships go out far enough for the duty free shop to open up? I assume they do. This might be a silly question? And, if any of you have sailed on one of these lately, do they still sell cigarettes (cartons) and liquor in the duty free shops on these particular cruises? This will be my first coastal cruise. Thanks! Yes, I'm aware of the smoking policy. :)

I'm going on a B2B, both 4 day cruises, out of San Pedro. 1st port is Catalina, 2nd port is Santa Barbara. Since these ports are not far from the CA coast, do the ships go out far enough for the duty free shop to open up? I assume they do. This might be a silly question? And, if any of you have sailed on one of these lately, do they still sell cigarettes (cartons) and liquor in the duty free shops on these particular cruises? This will be my first coastal cruise. Thanks! Yes, I'm aware of the smoking policy. :)

They were when we sailed our coastals from LA to Vancouver. We have done a few. Not sure about the iteniary you are on.

Any duty free alcohol you purchase will be held until the last night of the cruise. Not sure about the cigarettes.

I have been on the Catalina cruise. Yes they do open up because they to go Mexico as well. After you leave the American ports they open up. They may do it the first night is well because they will leave US waters, but you cannot get it until the cruise ends anyhow. But I did not pay attention the first night and am not quite as sure about that.

I have been on the Catalina cruise. Yes they do open up because they to go Mexico as well. After you leave the American ports they open up. They may do it the first night is well because they will leave US waters, but you cannot get it until the cruise ends anyhow. But I did not pay attention the first night and am not quite as sure about that.

Oh, I forgot and you just reminded me! On Princess, you can't take your cigarettes to your cabin. I totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. (Yes, I know they hold any liquor that you purchase.) They don't do that on RCL, NCL or Carnival. At least they didn't the last time I cruised those lines. Thanks everyone for your input.