Cancelled Cruise-Insurance

blubonnet

Due to the flu (stupid flu!) we had to cancel our cruise for this week. :(Thankfully we had purchased travel insurance through RCCL.

Do any of you lovely cruisers have experience with the CruiseCare? If so, are claims handled quickly? Are they helpful or must we dot every i and j while juggling a fruit basket?

Thanks! And may whatever force in this universe that keeps cruisers off boats never strike you!

Edited by blubonnet
spelling

Due to the flu (stupid flu!) we had to cancel our cruise for this week. :(Thankfully we had purchased travel insurance through RCCL.

Do any of you lovely cruisers have experience with the CruiseCare? If so, are claims handled quickly? Are they helpful or must we dot every i and j while juggling a fruit basket?

Thanks! And may whatever force in this universe that keeps cruisers off boats never strike you!

We had to cancel an Alaska cruise due to a medical injury last year. After calling RCL and getting their portion of the money back, I called the RCL insurance company. They e-mailed me a PDF copy of the claim form. After printing it out, I filled out the form and took it to the Doctor. He had to fill out one page of the form. I scanned the completed form, converted it to a PDF file, e-mailed it back back to the insurance company and got the check about 10 days later. You could mail it back if you can not scan the completed form.

The bottom line after canceling a week before boarding, I got all the money back except for the insurance premium.

Edited by edjny

We had to cancel a couple of years ago. We received all our money back minus the cost of ins. It took about 17 days to receive the check.

PS

I hope that you feel better. It is better to stay home than to maybe give it to a ship load of PAX, crew & staff.

Edited by geocruiser

We always take the insurance and have had to use it.

In 2007 my husband fell and broke his hip 2 days before a cruise, we received all our money back except the cost of the insurance.

In 2011 when we were on the Oasis, my husband fell ill in the dining room, they called the medical team, taken down to medical area thank goodness it wasn't anything major. Of course all the fees were put on our seapass. We were given copies of all the test results and the bills. When we returned home I contacted the insurance company, they e-mailed me the forms I filled them out and sent the copies. We received a check within 2 weeks.So I feel the insurance is part of the cost of our cruise and well worth the money.

They send the check back really quick. Just make sure everything is filled in along with doctor information. The great think for us was once when we rebooked the cruise it was cheaper. And we got double the points on our Royal Caribbean credit card since they send a check rather than crediting your credit card. Hope your feeling better!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
We always take the insurance and have had to use it.

In 2007 my husband fell and broke his hip 2 days before a cruise, we received all our money back except the cost of the insurance.

In 2011 when we were on the Oasis, my husband fell ill in the dining room, they called the medical team, taken down to medical area thank goodness it wasn't anything major. Of course all the fees were put on our seapass. We were given copies of all the test results and the bills. When we returned home I contacted the insurance company, they e-mailed me the forms I filled them out and sent the copies. We received a check within 2 weeks.So I feel the insurance is part of the cost of our cruise and well worth the money.

Our of curiosity, do you mind if I ask how much the simple (nothing major) visit to the medical area of the ship cost?