What's the Nicest Thing a Cruise Team Member Ever Did For You?

Tildi

The intention, to start this thread, is to focus on "POSITIVE" Cruising Experiences.

I got the inspiration, for starting this thread, from reading another thread, on the "Global/US" CC Carnival website, which is located here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=215560

So Far, Hubby & I have only cruised On Carnival Legend, out of Sydney, to Sth Pacific Islands.

For Us, Our Best Experiences, on Carnival Legend, are as follows...

1/ Having the Entertainers/Comedians, meet Us & like Us enough, to "choose" to seek us out, so they could socialize with Us.

(& of course, us, being the "envy" of fellow Cruisers, who "weren't" part of Our "special group".)

Made Us "Oldies", feel kinda Special :)

2/ So many Staff on the Ship, 'knowing/remembering' our names so quickly.

3/ Making "connections" with Bar Staff, who looked after our drinking wants....

Very Generously!

4/ Awesome Cabin Steward/Attendant, who always remembered our Names, when we passed in the Hallway. & attended to 'any' request we had.

5/ Incredible Wait Staff in MDR, who took care of our needs/wants, swiftly, & personally.

We enjoyed the MDR wait staff musical performances, during dinner.

So many Staff, embraced it, & were obviously having a blast, whilst trying to make us happy/smile... Worked for Us…

6/ Stopping the Cleaners, whilst doing their duties, to tell them "they" were doing a great job, & that we had noticed it, & genuinely appreciated it.

Their Smiles & Thanks said it all :)

-------------------------------

Yeah, sure… There were some negatives, on this Cruise, but I wanted to focus on the positives.

-------------------------------

Hopefully there are some other CC Cruisers that can share positives, from their Cruises/Cruise Lines.

:)

Edited by Tildi

We always make the effort to talk to and find out about the staff who look after us.

When we were onboard Rhapsody, we saw our waiter from our previous cruise. We were talking to him and told him I was pregnant. He made sure I was looked after and because he was also working room service, he sent a beautiful big bowl of fruit for me.

Also, the staff are generally excellent with children. My little man has always had staff interact with him and go out of their way to make sure he was happy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forums mobile app

We had the fortune to meet a lovely lady called Raisa on the Solstice who served us Coffee and carrot muffins each morning, on more than one occasion, she would put 2 muffins aside in anticipation of our visit.

In the evenings, she was a drinks waiter in the MDR, we were select dining so would sit at various tables all over the MDR. Raisa had served us two nights in a row at differing tables and from those nights on she served us a dessert drink of Bailey's for the rest of the cruise no matter where we were sitting in the MDR, they would just appear after our mains were cleared.

A lovely lady that went above and beyond.:D:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I commented to a waiter on Rhapsody last week that I love the soup.

The following night he handed me the recipe, then two nights later gave me another copy but this time in colour.

We were very lucky with the waiters and room steward this cruise.

A waiter named Gidday that had served us 6 months prior on a previous cruise happened to see us in a bar as he made his way from a specialty restaurant. He stopped to enquire how we were, how the family was and if they were travelling with us this time and he remembered everyone's names. It was awesome for him to do that, he then had a word with the waiter at the bar and the service (which was already good) became much better for the remainder of the cruise. It was very nice to catch up with Gidday.:D

We had a lovely drinks person in the buffet on the Costa Allegra, (2009) we had bought the drinks package X1 - which at that time consisted of beer (unmentionable) 200 ml glass, wine (of dubious origin - smallest glass in the world) and could only be used in the buffet during mealtimes. It was expensive at the time !!!!! Buffet closed at 9.00pm. We gave her a good tip on day 2, and every night after she was there with 4 beers and 4 wines with 2 soft drinks at 8.55 on an outside table for us. We gave her a soft drink back (canned) so she could take it to her cabin for herself after her shift. She also worked in the kitchen, and one day she made us some biscuits and gave them to us wrapped with a little bow on.

We thought that was sweet of her. (Of course, we gave her another tip before we disembarked.)

Edited by dizzy1948

On our first cruise a Trans Atlantic on the Reflection one of the activities staff and I used to share a laugh and exchange greetings when ever he was running trivia or basketball that I attended regularly. He was from Mexico and always made things a laugh. Called me Aussie when ever he saw me.

On our next cruise on a different ship we happened to be in St Maarten at the same time as the Reflection and while walking along the beach I hear some one scream out "Aussie" and he came running out of a beach bar to see how I was enjoying myself. He could have just let us walk past as we were no longer on his ship.

Mic Raisa was still on Solstice and every one appreciated he service in Café Al Bacio.

On our first cruise a Trans Atlantic on the Reflection one of the activities staff and I used to share a laugh and exchange greetings when ever he was running trivia or basketball that I attended regularly. He was from Mexico and always made things a laugh. Called me Aussie when ever he saw me.

On our next cruise on a different ship we happened to be in St Maarten at the same time as the Reflection and while walking along the beach I hear some one scream out "Aussie" and he came running out of a beach bar to see how I was enjoying myself. He could have just let us walk past as we were no longer on his ship.

Mic Raisa was still on Solstice and every one appreciated he service in Café Al Bacio.

Yes, great stuff, I am hoping she will still be aboard when we return to the Solstice at the end of the year. Gidday also.:D

How quickly they remember your name and what you like, blows me away when you consider how many people they must see over a year or two it is incredible.

But then when you meet the same crew on a different cruise and they still remember is almost unbelievable.

How quickly they remember your name and what you like, blows me away when you consider how many people they must see over a year or two it is incredible.

But then when you meet the same crew on a different cruise and they still remember is almost unbelievable.

Can be really nice though as well, as it means that you meant something to them and in a good way as well.:D

Can be really nice though as well, as it means that you meant something to them and in a good way as well.:D

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, in fact I think it is fantastic, most days I struggle to remember "her" name let alone someone I met 3 years ago.

Though maybe they remember me for meaning something to them in a not so good way.:eek::D

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, in fact I think it is fantastic, most days I struggle to remember "her" name let alone someone I met 3 years ago.

Though maybe they remember me for meaning something to them in a not so good way.:eek::D

I wouldn't think so.:D