Door Signs on RCCL

charmy98

First time cruiser here. Hubby and I will be going on Oasis next Saturday, ( so excited! ) Can you tell me if they allow you to put a door sign on your door so you can easily tell your room apart from all the rest? Thanks for any info.:)

First time cruiser here. Hubby and I will be going on Oasis next Saturday, ( so excited! ) Can you tell me if they allow you to put a door sign on your door so you can easily tell your room apart from all the rest? Thanks for any info.:)

No real Need for that as they have been Kind enough to already put a door sign on your door to easily tell your room apart from all the rest.;)

We always decorate our door. Sometimes it's just our cruise picture scrapbook page, sometimes it's a theme, such as Halloween or Mardi Gras. We also put up a little white board for our friends to leave messages. The doors are usually steel and we use magnets to stick up things. It's a lot of fun.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No real Need for that as they have been Kind enough to already put a door sign on your door to easily tell your room apart from all the rest.;)

Now if you are talking about the number on the door that will be no help to my dear hubby. I think I will print out a picture of a Koala Bear, he will know which one is his then...lol

Yes, by all means decorate your door! During our Christmas cruise on Serenade I hung a wreath made out of heavy duty card stock with a small blackboard-type banner. We wrote on the banner every day and several people in our hall commented that they couldn't wait to see what we'd written that morning! During our trans-Atlantic, we used white boards (we had 3 cabins in a row) to keep everyone updated to where we were, etc. Other passengers in our hall started writing comments on our board and it was quite fun! :D

We decorate our door all the time. I generally cut-out decorations in the Dollar store or in Party City. Then I affix magnetic tape to the back (I bought a big roll of it in Michaels craft store for $5). I sometimes personalize them by writing our first names on the front in black sharpie.

We never put anything on our door either. Cabin Number is good enough. However on our 2014 Cruise the second morning of our Cruise we had someones door sign on our door. Something about if you feel this ship a rocken'...We got a laugh out of it and threw it away.

Edited by davekathy

We let our 'grands' know about our up coming cruise and they make a picture (or 2) for us to find our door easily. It's usually their (unusual) interpretation of what our ship and trip will contain. Often our neighboring cabin dwellers thank us for making it easy to find their cabin too.

This past spring break was our teen daughters first cruise so I bought some cut-outs at the party sore and put magnets on the back and we hung them in our stateroom. Along with extra magnets to hang up the cruise compass, invites and other things. Really made the room festive! She decided to put something on the outside of the door and we loved it. In 8 cruises I've never had a problem finding my cabin but we really enjoyed the festive look.

We always decorate our door. It's just a fun part of our cruise experience. I have a cricut machine and cut out different things based on the cruise. Have had 1 or 2 things removed usually they turn up on another door. Now I put our first names on them and they stay put. Had a door hanger I made for a recent cruise with Daughter and her family. She has a 18 month old and I put a mermaid on it with sssh mermaid is resting... Someone relocated it but my daughter found it and got it back.

I used the Window Clings from the Dollar store to decorate my door in Dec. not because I needed to find my cabin...but because it was fun for the Holiday...even my cabin steward commented it looked cute...

I used the Window Clings from the Dollar store to decorate my door in Dec. not because I needed to find my cabin...but because it was fun for the Holiday...even my cabin steward commented it looked cute...

Do the window clings stay on?

I've never decorated my door, but this year my grandchildren (3 & 5) and family will be joining us and I want them to easily be able to find our rooms, so I thought i'd put something on the door. I'm not at all creative, but I thought window clings should be quite simple.

Thanks!

Do the window clings stay on?

I've never decorated my door, but this year my grandchildren (3 & 5) and family will be joining us and I want them to easily be able to find our rooms, so I thought i'd put something on the door. I'm not at all creative, but I thought window clings should be quite simple.

Thanks!

They stayed on thru my 5nt cruise...it helps to wet the back of them a little bit before placing them on the metal door...

I put up a CC Sign and one for our Roll Call. DH likes it because he can always find our room. Last night of a cruise I took everything down and he walked right past our room. :) I make our signs up using Scrapbook Factory and attach with the magnetic sheets. Don't like running them thru my printer because they hang up.

I decided to make a door sign for our cruise.

Haven't decided if this is the final design, but this one is for my Mom's door.

She's celebrating her 70th birthday during the cruise.

How wonderful! What's the date of her birthday? I'm November also!

How wonderful! What's the date of her birthday? I'm November also!

11/22. It'll be our first full day on board (sea day) so I'm trying to think of little things I can do to surprise her. Was thinking about booking a specialty restaurant, but it'll be formal night and she is looking forward to it.

Our son is staying in her room (did I mention I love her sooo much!) so we'll have access to get in and decorate that day.

11/22. It'll be our first full day on board (sea day) so I'm trying to think of little things I can do to surprise her. Was thinking about booking a specialty restaurant, but it'll be formal night and she is looking forward to it.

Our son is staying in her room (did I mention I love her sooo much!) so we'll have access to get in and decorate that day.

Mine's the 25th!

Preorder a birthday cake. They'll deliver it to the table and sing happy birthday! You could get a 7 0 candle and ask your waiter to make sure it goes in the cake.they will even put her name on it. If you request it upon boarding or before, you might be able to get them to put it in the compass!

If it's the captains cocktail night, maybe you could arrange for him to acknowledge it.

Just some food for thought!

Love the design, have a family member keep her out of the room for awhile and pick up some Birthday banners and decorate her room. Let the Dining room know and as mentioned, your wait staff will come and sing Happy Birthday.:) My family found a License Plate in the store which said, My Other Car is a Cruise Ship.:)

Edited by Desert Cruizers