Sensation $99 leaving this Thurs.-Galveston

llecamus

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3330408

(You may have to sign up to view this)

I didn't see that anyone else had posted, but if you can take this Thursday and Friday off, Carnival Sensation is offering $99/person inside for a four-day sailing to Cozumel, departing from Galveston. Katrina's good for something!

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3330408

(You may have to sign up to view this)

I didn't see that anyone else had posted, but if you can take this Thursday and Friday off, Carnival Sensation is offering $99/person inside for a four-day sailing to Cozumel, departing from Galveston. Katrina's good for something!

Can you say, "Sold out".

I just can't seem to win. Flew all the way to Denver just for lunch... Didn't get a cruise cause of darn Katrina!

Now we'll have to wait till next summer. Yes I'd be crying in my beer if I drank!

Emailed my PVP, he says SOLD OUT. Called Carnival Reservations, talked to a nice rep, she put me on an "unofficial list" and said she would call if there were any cancellations. Less than an hour later she called me but the official price is now $199. We're leaving Thursday.

I wonder how the port facilities will hold up with an extra ship there? I guess we'll find out Thursday. It will be kind of neat if the two ships sail side by side. I'll be waving at you from the Ecstacy, RebelTx

I live in Galveston and my H & I booked but not at the $99 rate - we got the word at around 4pm yesterday and we got it for $177 each taxes included and I got the room I wanted in the middle. Still a slammin deal on a 5 day.!

We leave Sept 5 but it is bittersweet as we can't help but be so horrified for everyone in LA, MS, AR & the rest.

Our last trip off the Ecstacy was terrible because the cabin was robbed but in the end and after 8 letters Carnival really came through and apologized for the lousy after--the-fact work they did. We are going to NOT use combo locks this time and won't leave the cabin until we have the safe key too. I am excited but with everything going on - not as excited as I'd be if this wouldn't have happened.

PirateOver40 (and others):

If I've offended anyone by my comment about "Katrina being good for something", I wholeheartedly apologize. NEVER would I want to downplay the devastation wreaked upon Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Please accept my apology.

Did any of you that are on the waiting list have to put a deposit down??

Actually you pay full fare, they refund if you don't go. I'm on waitlist for O/V @ $277. I booked O/V as I thought there would be a better chance of a cancellation, not that many suites on Sensation. I do think the price may still go up or down based on cancellations and Carnival will not honor any future lower fare. I think some got a really good price yesterday.

Not sure if we are allowed to quote prices on this board-if not, sorry and we'll see how long this post lasts.

Snoozeman

I wonder how long the ship will reside in Galveston?

Probably for quite some time... it's going to be at least a month before they start letting most residents back in (they will let them in in about a week just to get clothing and essentials, but sadly most won't have any of that to go back to :() It will take quite an effort to pump out the water... repair hotels and get them back in order, repair roads, etc... And I don't think anyone knows the damage at the port itself right now... I would think at least a couple of months...

My future DH and I got a cabin for September 5!! I am so excited, but it all happened so fast we are a little overwhelmed. We have been engaged since Valentine's Day, so we decided to make this our honeymoon. Right after booking the cruise, we hurried to the courthouse to get our marriage license. Hopefully we will be getting married Friday and then getting on the ship on Monday.

We won't know what our cabin number is til closer to sailing, but I will be checking my reservation everyday!

If you called and were told they were sold out, please keep checking. People that were originally booked on those cruises are given the option of cancelling or going to the new port. They are calling in all the time to cancel. So if you get someone that says no, just call back in a few minutes and get someone else. If you are persistent, eventually your timing will be just right and you will get a freshly canceled cabin. It took me 3 tries to get a cabin. We got ours for $199 per person for the 5 day.

JennSTX -- email me! midgetpdp@consolidated.net. I remember reading about your last cruise. Sorry that happened to you. I would love to meet up with you guys on the ship. Hope we can help make this one a lot more fun!

Archived