NCL Horrific Hold Times/Customer Service

Denman

For the record, it's not a "scam" to increase the base price before ANY sort of price discount promotion for ANY company. It's just business. I worked in a shoe store for a while and those oh so popular BOGO deals? All the prices for every pair of shoes get jacked up. You're still saving money, just like in this case - for most, no, not all, people anyway - but it isn't usually nearly as much as you assume. So far, I have nothing but excellent things to say about NCL customer service (and we haven't sailed, I'm just a needy traveler!) But they're still a business, and their business is making money. Just like every other business that exists.

It does suck about excessive hold times and that the high volume of people taking advantage of a great deal made it difficult for everyone to get through, but they did make some concessions. I'm sorry their compromise wasn't enough for you, I get being frustrated and aggravated. But that's why there are so many options - something for every type of traveler :)

OMG

The disasterous customer service continues- you couldn't make it up if you tried

Agent promised at 805 am this morning that due to the nightmares they have been hearing about from customers and the high rate of people cancelling over weekend due to their errors- that they would honor the promo overlap from this weekend- and they put it in the notes-

only for Costco to have to call in- due to some sort of rule they have.. guess what- NO Notes; NO honoring of what I was told- and the notes thing was a lie

Beware of these people- oh my !

BTW- I fully understand how 3/4 passenger works - to the guy earlier- but doubling the price for 3/4 to $1100 PP - then saying it is half off- is a SCAM..it is unbecoming of a major billion dollar corporation..Like I said- Costco is appalled at what they are seeing- it's kind of funny to see the dichotomy of good CS ( costco ) playing out vs NCL CS.. or sad if you are a NCL lover

PatOnBack.gif

I'm sure you'll be cancelling your booking completely now and moving over to Princess/Celebrity/HAL/Aida/P&O/etc.....

We should never ever bash someone elses experience, because this was Denmans experience that he was only sharing. The point of this site is to share information(both good and bad), not hide at your computers and bully people. I too waited on the phone on Saturday for over 2 hours, and remembered that I had a PCC(name and number is on the top right side of the generic e-mails sent from NCL). I was also away from home, when I remembered this.

Why did I have a great experience after 2 hour wait: I saved money($499), same bookintg today is $3000 more(yes I looked). While I was on hold I actually sat still and had the best conversation with my mom who is 80 and coming on the cruise. She showed me her cruise outfits and once I explained what I was doing, she was excited. Thank you cruise critic, because this site is where I picked up this information. So the over 2 hour wait forced me to do what I never have time to do, sit still. I did call my pcc on Monday with questions about my booking and he did call me back 1 hour and half later. This was better than waiting on the phone. He answered my question and sent me a spread sheet of all cruises that offered the 50% off and KSF offers, as well as his direct line. I have always booked online and did not realize I had a PCC until last year. I also realize that Saturday January 31, 2015 was an exception because I have never ever waited on the phone with the 800 number on past calls.

I was on hold for about twenty minutes yesterday and when I got through the customer service rep was about the friendliest person I've ever spoken to on the phone. I consider that pretty impressive as we are Disneyaholics and their service reps are always awesome.

How are the wait times today? I got a call from someone because I logged into the site a few days ago trying to modify my reservation. It was already taken care of but nice of him to call. My parents are trying to get ahold of CAS to reserve a room. Couldn't get through after 40 minutes yesterday. I was hoping today is better.

How are the wait times today? I got a call from someone because I logged into the site a few days ago trying to modify my reservation. It was already taken care of but nice of him to call. My parents are trying to get ahold of CAS to reserve a room. Couldn't get through after 40 minutes yesterday. I was hoping today is better.

If you have a PCC, give them a call, they will then return your call or call back the person who called you. Unfortunately, I do not know about wait times today.

If you have a PCC, give them a call, they will then return your call or call back the person who called you. Unfortunately, I do not know about wait times today.

I already spoke to my PCC and another one called me today. They do not handle CAS bookings. I don't know if there are special PCC's for CAS bookings or you just call the general number and wait forever.

I'm with Denman. Now that Carnival has Your Time Dining, I'm sticking with them. I'm done with NCL and their price drop policies. Can't go to Royal again because set dining times are torture for me.

Getupgo, we always used My Time Dining on Royal and actually made reservations for the time we wanted prior to any Royal Caribbean cruise. While on the ship, if we decided we didn't like the previously picked time, we just changed it. Worked very well for us. We haven't used a set dining time for many years now on any of our cruises.